SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-timeNorth Suburban Medical Center
Registered Nurse - CCU/ICU
FT/Nights (6:00pm - 6:00am) Rotating Weekends
North Suburban Medical Center in Thornton, Colorado. Just 10 minutes north of Denver. North Suburban Medical Center has established a reputation as a facility responsive to patient and community expectations. Our mission, vision, and values were developed as guides so that we continuously understand and respond to our patient and community expectations.
- We are committed to Patient Safety. Our Mission: To Serve. To Heal. To Care.
- Our Values: North Suburban’s core values are designed to guide our organization in its commitment to serve, to heal and to care for you.
- We believe safety and quality of care are the keystones of our work.
- We treat each other and our patients with compassion and respect. We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- We demonstrate our commitment to excellence by persistently exploring growth and improvement opportunities.
- We exceed the expectations of our patients, families and the community.
- We accomplish our mission and vision through collaboration and teamwork.
- Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technologists, pharmacists, residents, dietitians, and support staff is dedicated to ensuring you receive the highest standard of patient care and comfort during your stay.
- Although many of the staff will not have the privilege of meeting you directly, they are working together to speed your recovery.
North Suburban Medical Center’s intensive care unit is a state-of-the-art facility that provides critical care to our sickest patients. Our hospital’s ICU in Thornton underwent a significant expansion in 2017 and 2018 to add brand new equipment and 12 more beds.
- The original ICU at North Suburban was a 16-bed unit.
- With our recent expansion, we've increased the total number of beds to 28.
- The new unit offers 12 private rooms with private bathrooms, and the unit is designed with efficiency, patient recovery and safety in mind.
- It is located by our emergency room and Department of Imaging and Radiology to ensure a quick, seamless transition from one department to another.
- As a patient’s health progresses, we transfer him or her to the original intensive care unit within North Suburban.
- Patients continue to receive 24/7 monitoring and care in the original unit.
- This expanded facility and advanced approach to intensive care allows us to serve more patients and offer different levels of intensive care based on the patients’ conditions.
- Patients who may be cared for in our ICU may have been treated for a heart attack, stroke, severe illness, neurological surgery or other serious medical conditions.
- The intensive care unit is staffed with board-certified intensivists, physicians and nurses who are highly trained in providing critical care.
The Registered Nurse provides age appropriate care to his/her patients based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient. The Registered Nurse may rotate to other areas other than his/her normally assigned service area/s, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency. The Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at NSMC. The Registered Nurse displays positive support for NSMC as well as the entire HealthONE organization. The RN cares for geriatric, adult and adolescent patient populations.
Here is what we can offer you:
• Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Repayment
• Certification Bonus and Voucher system
• Dependent Scholarship
• 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Financial Wellness Program with a CFP
Contact the Recruiter directly if you'd like:
- Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Colorado (May work on a current RN compact license for the 1st 90 days of employment).
- Current BCLS Certification.
- Current ACLS certification.
Education: Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing; BSN desirable.
Experience: 1 to 2 years acute care/ specialty nursing desired.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Demonstrates good organizational skills. Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at NSMC. Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.