SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Come join us at John Randolph Medical Center! Founded in 1915, John Randolph Medical Center has grown into a
147-bed facility committed and dedicated to serving the entire Tri-Cities
Region. As a member of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) family we
pride ourselves on providing the highest level of healthcare.
A top performing
hospital recognized by the Joint Commission, John Randolph Medical Center has
also received recognition from the American Association of Respiratory Care and
our emergency room is stroke and chest pain accredited. We remain focused on
continuously expanding our services and technology, enabling us to provide
quality services to our community.
Are you a Cardiac Sonographer with two years of echocardiography experience? Would you like to work for one of Richmond’s preeminent facilities? Are you a patient centric professional who embodies HCA’s mission to commit to the care and improvement of human life? If you are proactive, goal oriented team player in search of extra shifts or a flexible schedule this PRN Cardiac Sonographer position is perfect for you!
The responsibilities of the Cardiac Sonographer include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes appropriate communication and interpersonal skills with patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Assists the physician as needed during procedures and monitors physiological parameters during procedures.
- Demonstrates proficiency in operating and troubleshooting equipment in the Echo Lab.
- Performs job to ensure quality care is provided within defined area of accountability.
- Safely transports Echo machine to patient room to perform Echocardiogram or transports patients to department as necessary.
- Takes call after regular hours.
- Restocks work areas with necessary supplies. Keeps work areas clean and orderly to promote patient safety.
- Participates actively in continuing education and assists in education of new staff as requested.
- Communicate effectively with Department Leader, Clinical Coordinator, staff members and physicians and serves as a liaison to promote interdepartmental relationships.
Shift times: PRN
We value you and your future. HCA is proud to offer great leadership, a nurturing environment, many opportunities for growth and development, competitive pay and great full-time/part-time benefits including multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
HCA is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 178 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers located in 20 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA is ranked number 63 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently recognized for being one of the “Worlds Most Admired Companies” and “World’s Most Ethical companies”
Required - Allied Health, CVT or Nursing background.
Preferred - Two years echocardiography experience.
Required - Graduate of an accredited program in Vascular/Cardiac Sonography
Preferred - ARDMS or CCI registration
Preferred Registered Diagnostic Sonographer.
HCA provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws
This policy applies to all terms and conditions
of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.