SHIFT: No Weekends
Inpatient Rehabilitation Manager / Management / Registered Nurse
Medical City Arlington
Medical City Arlington is a 432-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. Our team consists of well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort worth healthcare with nearly 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
Oversees of all patients on unit, providing support and expertise to staff. Continually assesses and assigns patient care. Responsible for workflow of unit by ensuring proper staff levels; adherence to all productively and budget guidelines. Ensures quality of patient care and assists in patient care as necessary. Responsible for the financial integrity of the unit; regular review of DOR information and communication to Rehab management team.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients appropriate to ages of patients served.
- Assumes responsibility for clinical and resource management of unit (24 hours per day).
- Assumes responsibility for employees, physician and patient satisfaction for quality of care.
- Promotes hospital customer service initiatives.
- Handles all staffing needs and personnel management; including interviewing, hiring and training new staff members, including all disciplinary actions.
- Creates an environment and culture that enables Rehabilitation Services to fulfill the mission of the hospital and meets or exceed its goals.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the rehabilitation strategic plan, being consistently aware of the changing rehabilitation market.
- Responsible for the financial viability of Rehabilitation Services, coordinating the submittal of accurate and timely billing and clinical information.
- Develops and strives for achievement of financial objectives, including the development and implementation of budgetary guidelines.
- Directs and manages the resources of Rehabilitation Services in an ethical, viable manner.
- Provided input for the negotiation of rehabilitation specific rates in negotiated payment structure/contracts.
- Oversight of the PAI functions, insurance approval processes and submission of all UDS information in a timely manner.
- Assures the development of quality rehabilitation programming to meet market needs in collaboration with the Medical Director and other clinical staff.
- Ensures the supply of appropriate resource to support the programs, services, organizational structure and staffing levels necessary for quality rehabilitation services.
- Actively encourages the integration of rehabilitation services into the continuum of care of the Hospital and community.
- Established operation and process to support, facilitate, and maintain uniform performance of patient care including documentation.
- Ensure FIM competency of staff and that facility is FIM certified. Provides a safe, secure and infection/hazard-free environment.
- Direct the development, implementation and monitoring of the quality management plan for acute rehabilitation services, including outcome measurement.
- Facilitated interdepartmental performance-improvement/customer satisfaction activities.
- Adheres to all CARF standards to maintain CARF accreditation.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of rehabilitation operational systems and leadership on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards in customer service through all interactions with the patients, families, co-workers, staff other hospital departments, physician, community and all others.
- Creates a high quality, professional clinical environment to facilitate the necessary recruitment and retention of appropriate numbers of qualified staff. Ultimately responsible for the timely assessment of competencies and performance of all staff. Facilitates ongoing educational opportunities for the staff, as well as patients, professional associates, physician and the community. Develops a retention plan for nursing staff.
- Maintains overall ethical compliance with regulatory/accreditation agencies and other payer sources.
- Represents Rehabilitation Services to the leadership of the Hospital.
- Acts as an advocate for Rehabilitation Services to the Hospital and the community.
- Authorized to access secure drug and biological storage areas when completing a medication management orientation and when necessary to perform assigned duties.
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many
- Discounts to various retail
stores and more….
"rehab" "rehabiliation" "rehab" "inpatient rehab"
Rehab and Medical Surgical and nurse and nurse jobs
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Texas RN license required or compact license is accepted.
- BSN required / MSN preferred.
- Inpatient Rehab experience preferred.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association.
- CRNN preferred.
- Appropriate interpersonal/communication skills.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.