SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA Healthcare created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA Healthcare is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA Healthcare has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
The Vice President of Strategic Planning for the TriStar Division Office is responsible, under the leadership of the Division President, for the development and management of all strategic plans across the TriStar Division. This position reports to the Division Chief Development Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Anticipate, identify, plan, and organize strategic planning activities at the Division, market, and individual hospital level, as deemed appropriate.
- Proactively initiate and develop industry and market-based analysis of health care trends, competitor threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance trends.
- Develop systems and processes using business intelligence platform to deliver data-driven analyses to support actionable strategic decisions.
- Work collaboratively with Division and Hospital Executive leadership to develop, document, coordinate and monitor mid- and long-range strategic plans to promote the future viability of the TriStar Division and Hospitals.
- Manage allocation of project management resources to support the division’s strategic initiatives and priorities; facilitate collaboration with division and corporate resources to ensure successful execution of strategic plans.
- Supervise and mentor strategic planning, business intelligence/DSS, and project management team, ensure the provision of high quality, accurate information and data, translation into actionable insights, and timely execution of the plan. Provide leadership for continued team growth and development while stimulating a positive work environment and culture.
- Effectively communicate strategies and tactics through verbal and written forms to create buy-in and support, internally and externally. This includes the coordination and development of all Strategic Planning & Development Presentations for HCA Corporate & Group.
- Assist Division and Hospital leadership in the development of market-based or hospital-based growth strategies.
- Support execution of network optimization initiatives.
Master's degree in business, healthcare, or similar field required
10 years of progressive healthcare leadership experience required
Previous multi-facility provider strategic planning experience and/or healthcare strategy management consulting experience preferred
- Possess strong relationship/interpersonal skills
- Adaptability and ability to work successfully in a highly complex organization with matrix reporting relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly (written, verbal, and presentation), proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders, customers, and staff
- Ability to be customer oriented, establishing and maintaining long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Demonstrate strategic and analytical ability in order to achieve targeted outcomes
- Ability to manage conflict
- Ability to demonstrate stress tolerance and maintain stable performance under pressure.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong project management skills with the ability to coordinate and manage complex projects
- Demonstrated leadership that includes managing staff to assure successful identified outcomes
- Ability to effectively manage the project controls of Financial Analysis
- Demonstrate effective presentation, training, and facilitation skills, including the ability to facilitate medium to large groups of people at various organizational levels for purposes of planning, problem solving, or strategy development
- Ability to work collaboratively with physicians to execute on strategic agenda and division initiatives
- Ability to travel moderately across the various facilities within the Division as required
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.