SHIFT: No Weekends
Contract Operations Manager, HCA Contracting
JOB SUMMARY – This position will work closely with the HCA Contracting Team and with the Division, Facility and Supply Chain leadership and applicable resources to lead and manage the effective implementation and execution of HCA’s contracting solutions.
- Develop strong relationships with facility leadership and service line leaders to gain a clear understanding of their needs and how best to meet those needs, and manage to a high level of trust and accomplishment within the Division.
- Work with HCA Directors of Contracting, Healthtrust GPO, specific vendors, etc. to successfully implement and execute the strategic direction and associated contracts with specific HCA and Division cost management objectives.
- Communicate and maintain a clear path of open dialogue with the Division, Facilities, and HCA Contracting teams to ensure all have the appropriate level of understanding and a path to voice needs.
- Analyze and implement best practices and policies and procedures where they can and should be established.
- Coordinate, communicate and share intelligence with the HCA Directors of Contracting to assist and improve upon cost savings opportunities and to minimize redundancies or duplication of efforts.
- Integrate and contribute to supporting the strategic direction as determined by the Division and HCA Contracting.
- Provide monthly national contract compliance reports working with divisions to improve compliance.
- Establish Division and Facility contracting objectives and assist in developing overall contracting strategies and processes to accomplish.
- Decisions are guided by strategic and operational objectives established by HCA Contracting Leadership.
- Receives guidance from Senior and/or Executive Leaders.
SUPERVISOR – VP, HCA Contracting or Division Supply Chain CEO
SUPERVISES – N/A
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
DUTIES (included but not limited to) –
- Operational/Execution support of HCA Contracting within the various facilities, markets and regions of the Division.
- Strategic Development:
- Participates and takes a supportive role in the execution of the HCA National and Divisional strategic contracting plan.
- Participates in all aspects of communications including both internal and external customers. This responsibility refers to all communication resources within the HCA Contracting Processes.
- Must possess capabilities to ensure strategic vision can become a viable, value-based solution that is executable.
- Responsible for managing and growing relationships as well as building trust amongst leadership within facilities, service lines, and the Division.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES –
- In-depth, up-to-date knowledge of healthcare economics.
- Obtains/maintains knowledge of current HealthTrust and HCA Contracting practices.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to plan, implement, follow up, the ability to focus and exceptional time management.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including listening and validation, written and spoken skills, tact, diplomacy, and excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Complete professionalism including the qualities of confidence, motivation, accountability, integrity, and humility.
- Effective skills in conflict management.
- High energy and willingness to work in an environment where priorities and focus can change routinely.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including basic knowledge of financial and statistical information.
- Sense of vision, creative imagination, and motivation towards the future of healthcare.
Bachelor’s Degree Required
5 years of related healthcare or industry experience
Contracting experience in healthcare preferred
Customer or Relationship Management experience preferred
CERTIFICATE / LICENSE
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS – Work is performed in a normal office environment. Requires sitting for long periods of time. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a telephone, keyboard, calculator, and other office equipment. Work is often performed under stressful situations. Some travel required.
OSHA CATEGORY – The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.