SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a Charge Nurse (RN) to join our dynamic Emergency Services team! The hours of this role are 7a-7p with alternating weekends.
$5,000 Sign on Bonus plus
additional relocation if applicable. Available for Qualified Applicants!
The Charge Nurse facilitates department flow and enhances
communication with all members of the healthcare team. Focuses on increasing
patient satisfaction by enhancing throughput, hourly rounds, utilizing tactics
in the ICARE model and holding subordinates accountable to the same standard. Resolves
problems on a shift-to-shift basis with appropriate documentation and follow-up
while communicating all unusual situations and problems up the chain of
communication. Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills and the
ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
Emergency Services Overview
The Emergency Department at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center boasts 50 treatment rooms/bays and a dedicated ER Radiology Room.. The Emergency Department at FWBMC assesses and treats all ages, from neonatal to geriatric patients. Our Emergency Department also includes an Express ER
for minor injuries and illnesses. In addition, we have a Pediatric ER
that is dedicated to treating the emergency health care needs of infants, children and adolescents and a satellite Emergency Department in Destin, FL with 6 treatment rooms. As an Advanced Primary Stroke Center, Level II Adult Cardiovascular Center and a licensed Psychiatric Treatment Center, the Emergency Department offers the most comprehensive inventory of services in the tri-county area.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center (FWBMC) is a 267-bed
full-service hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified
physicians in the area. It is recognized as a Top General Hospital for
excellence in quality care and patient safety. It is the only acute care
hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Accredited
Advanced Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and a Cancer
Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and an Associate of
the UAB Birmingham Health System Cancer Community Network. Its expanded
emergency services include a dedicated Pediatric ER, 24/7 Destin ER, and a
full-service 24/7 Fort Walton Beach ER that includes the only Level II Trauma
Center in the Tri-County area.
You are worth more than a paycheck. As a team member, enjoy
the following benefits and more:
401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
Employee stock purchase plan
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- A BSN or MSN is preferred. Other qualifications considered include AA in Nursing or Nursing Diploma
- State of Florida RN License
- BLS AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
- ACLS and PALS required within 90 days of hire
- CPI required within 90 days of hire
- TNCC required within six (6) months of hire
- ENPC preferred
- CEN and/or CPEN preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience required
- Recent acute emergency experience strongly preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Clinical expertise
- Exemplary leadership skills
- Tactful communication skills and the ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Supervision, delegation, conflict management and team building skills.
- Flexible and resourceful and able to make decisions quickly
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.