SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a World’s Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
A few of the benefits we provide you:
Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
New Extended Family Leave and PTO
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Discount Program
- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specialized knowledge and skills required for the role of the GI/Endoscopy technician in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness, and sterilization/disinfection of instruments and equipment. Maintains a sanitary environment for the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of high disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment. (Maintains daily log, testing for efficacy of disinfecting solution with each cycle, performs biological tests, test strips quality controls, and completes log, as per facility policies).
- Proficient in the care, handling, and disinfection of all endoscopes and accessories.
- Prepares the endoscopy unit adequately and ensures availability of necessary GI equipment and supplies. Cleans GI treatment rooms between procedures and prepares rooms for next case.
- Utilizes good customer service while interacting with patient, family and physicians. Keeps patient and family informed on a timely basis.
- Assists the physician with interventions as indicated (positioning, preparing specimens, GI tract tattooing, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate aseptic techniques as indicated by interventions (hand hygiene, and equipment preparation).
- Assists in the maintenance, care and labeling of specimens. Identifies specimen with surgeon and passes specimen to the circulating RN.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program preferred.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”