SHIFT: No Weekends
TriStar Skyline Medical Center – Nashville, TN
Skyline Medical Center is part of the Tristar family of hospitals: TriStar Skyline Medical Center is Tennessee's first comprehensive stroke center and a national leader in neuroscience. The facility is equipped with 233 beds and offers a full array of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics/spine, rehabilitation and emergency services. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, TriStar Skyline is a leading provider of emergency heart care. There are more than 400 physicians on staff, many of whom have offices located right next door in the TriStar Skyline Medical Plaza.
Skyline Medical Center provides support for Serious Emergencies, with traumatic injury, saving time is crucial. Tristar Skyline is designated to quickly care for severely injured patients and increase chances of survival. Access to emergency treatment across Middle Tennessee and the greater Nashville area. We're located off of I-65, I-24 and Briley Parkway for convenient access. With two helipads located directly outside of the ER to provide rapid response time Trauma rooms located directly inside ambulance entrance Critical care unit, surgical suites and imaging located next to ER for rapid access to diagnosis and treatment.
Skyline Medical Center is looking for a Echo Technologist- Part Time (no weekends)
Department: Outpatient Cardiac Services
The Echosonographer will be responsible for demonstrating:
- Understanding of cross-sectional human anatomy, physiology, pathology and medical terminology to obtain optimal studies.
- Constantly evaluate accuracy and quality of scan results.
- Maintains knowledge in all facets of performing the optimal studies. This includes pertinent clinical history and related diagnostic procedures, ultrasound physics, normal anatomy and pathological variants.
- Competent in production, use, recognition and analysis of images and patterns used for patient diagnosis and treatment. He/she will maintain knowledge about high frequency sound waves and other diagnostic techniques for medical purposes.
- Assist the cardiologist in the completion of intricate echo examinations, including a range of measurements and motion.
- Primary liaison between patients and departmental physicians and other members of the support team.
- Remain sensitive to the physical and emotional needs of the patient through good communication, patient assessment, patient monitoring, and patient care skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent patient care information to assure that patient’s rights are protected.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships both inter- and intra-departmentally; to foster good customer relations and to observe the Skyline Medical Center mission statement.
- Knowledgeable and compliant with the policies, procedures, and regulations relating to the Department of Medical Imaging.
- Use professional and ethical judgment and critical thinking when performing their duties.
- Participate in continuing education for optimal patient care, public education and enhanced knowledge and technical competence.
- Graduation from an accredited education program in ultrasound or echosonography
- ARDMS (denotes successful completion of the certification examination), (or registry eligible)
- RDCS – Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer – preferred
- Or – CCI – Cardiovascular Credentialing International
- 1 year post-graduate experience – preferred
- Must be registered with one of the above governing bodies within 12 months if hire date or cross-training
- American Heart Association BLS certification required.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.