SHIFT: No Weekends
Mercy Hospital is a 488-bed acute care facility accredited by the Joint Commission and affiliated with HCA. Since its inception in 1950, Mercy Hospital has followed the Catholic tradition and is the only hospital in Miami-Dade County easily accessible by air, land and sea.
Under a combination of administrative and executive direction, the Chief Executive Officer provides leadership and directs the overall operation of the hospital consistent with policies and objectives of the hospital and its advisory or governing Board. In this regard, the CEO plans, organizes, applies, directs, controls and evaluates all resources (human resources, facilities, equipment, capital and similar resources) invested in the franchise. The CEO shall use all resources to generate measurable returns to benefit the company, the Community, the Physician and most of all, the Patient.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible to the Division President. The CEO functions as an executive for the organization and must be highly skilled in building relationships with medical staff, community members and hospital staff. The highest degree of integrity and commitment to the Core Values set forth by both the company and hospital Mission and Values are required. Serves as senior mentor to leadership team and works to develop self and direct reports.
Develops and Executes Strategy by:
• Developing a long range course of action or set of goals to ensure successful realization of the organization’s vision.
• Ensuring the development of clear goals that align a unit’s efforts with the organization’s vision and strategic plan.
• Ensuring synergies between people, processes, and strategies to drive execution of business objectives.
• Building and driving sustained revenue growth.
• Building strategic alliances both inside and outside the organization to create business opportunities and execute business strategies.
Develops Talent by:
• Building a competitively superior organization through attracting, developing, and retaining talent to ensure that people with the right skills and motivations are in the right place at the right time to meet business needs.
Develops Culture by:
• Developing an organizational culture that leads to ongoing excellence and effective growth of the business while maintaining the highest integrity.
• Creating a physician-friendly culture that attracts leading physicians.
• Promoting an environment where employees are engaged and perform at a high level.
• Providing for the highest level of patient experience and ensures senior team alignment around patient experience.
• Modeling and driving a culture of accountability and discipline to attain and sustain outperformance in clinical quality, service excellence, and earnings.
Supports HCA by:
• Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
• Performing other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• Master's degree hospital administration, business or a related field.
• 2+ years of experience in a COO or CEO role.
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
• Member of ACHE
• ACHE Fellow
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
• Advanced skills in financial management.
• Current knowledge of Joint Commission, state, and federal guidelines, regulations and standards. Demonstrated expertise in negotiation, coaching, and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of the microenvironment variables that can impact the strategic management process (e.g., buyer switching costs, concentration of customers, competitor business strategies).
• Skill in creating a strong personal presence that commands attention and respect in groups.
• Willingness to focus on employee development through exposure, experiences, and feedback.