DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About HCA Healthcare
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
The Clinical Services Group (CSG) is a multi-disciplinary team of physicians, nurses, clinicians, technicians and analysts who represent all dimensions of a learning healthcare system. CSG works in support of HCA Healthcare Divisions and Facilities to promote clinically-excellent, patient-centered care. We foster collaborative and innovative practices to resolve complex clinical issues. As the healthcare landscape continues to change, CSG will remain at the forefront of developing new strategies, tools and tactics to fulfill HCA Healthcare’s mission.
The Senior Clinical Analyst, will focus on the design, development, and implementation of a new EHR Front-End, as a key component of HCA’s enterprise EHR strategy. The Senior Clinical Analyst is a specialist who actively leads the development and implementation of EHR requirements in the PatientKeeper platform. The position requires a deep understanding and appreciation for health care operations and corporate initiatives, which drive facility EHR processes, policies, and utilization. This position also requires a strong comprehensive understanding of clinical workflow and healthcare-based information technology. The Senior Clinical Analyst will drive the analysis of clinical processes and EHR use, design EHR configurations, and assess impacts to clinical process workflow. This individual will be responsible for engaging field operations and creating documentation that details operational and clinical considerations related to EHR use. The position requires a deep understanding and appreciation for health care operations and an ability to drive work across departments to engage experts to evaluate impacts of new workflows and features on corporate initiatives, policies, and utilization. Additionally, this individual will monitor facility utilization, compliance, and physician satisfaction to ensure successful EHR adoption.
Reporting to the Director, Front-End EHR for Applied Clinical Informatics, this individual will:
• Design, test, implement, support, maintain, and/or evaluate new or modified health information systems to support patients, and health care professionals.
• Apply health-related, discipline specific knowledge (e.g., clinical care, healthcare operations) to health information technology systems.
• Lead the evaluation of clinical processes in collaboration with other clinical corporate, division, and facility teams to facilitate process redesign and guide application of technology to ensure adoption, satisfaction, and compliance with policies and reporting requirements.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert on requests for new features or changes in existing content
• Facilitate, lead working sessions where operational workflow items are discussed to understand the impact physician ordering and documentation
• Participate in HCA-wide work teams to identify best practices and determine options and opportunities for optimization in physician adoption and utilization of CPOE and Order Sets in the front-end EHR.
• Manage, track, and document clinical reviews of new content by physician leaders and other clinicians
• Manage scheduled maintenance and updating of evidence based order sets (EBOS), including versioning and synchronization of clinical content updates
• Present data formally and informally and facilitate discussion regarding improved physician ordering and documentation
• Jointly, with the help of management, to create quality deliverables and meet stated milestones
• Work with IT&S Product Development to assure projects and ongoing maintenance/operations occur on schedule
• Work with IT&S Product Development and CSG SMEs to assure end-user education and communication to the field is well documented
• Provide continual operational support to field operations teams, assisting in troubleshooting issues when necessary and in a timely manner.
• Support collaboration of multiple disciplines and working relationships with corporate departments, divisions, and facility.
• Cross-coordinate with other HCA solutions or projects, and work with other analysts/specialists/coordinators, leadership, and stakeholders
• Support project teams in integrating CPOE and Order Set activities into their project plans
• Ability to participate in multiple activities and tasks simultaneously
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• College Degree and 3-7 years related experience. Hospital clinical experience required.
• Experience with EHRs (Meditech, EPIC, Cerner, etc) documentation and ordering functionality & content.
• Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
• Able to work effectively with leaders at all levels in an organization
• Excellent active listening skills
• Problem solving using analytical and critical thinking
• Root cause identification skills
• Ability to understand and learn clinical and technology workflows
• Excellent organizational skills
• Advanced computer skills and advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office suite of products
• Ability to learn how to navigate Meditech and other CSG systems
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.