SHIFT: No Weekends
Las Vegas, NV 89128
Size of Hospital: 340
Hospital Overview: MountainView Hospital is a
state-of-the-art, full-service medical facility located in the heart of
Northwest Las Vegas, one of the fastest growing areas in the valley. With a
staff of more than 1,440 dedicated and talented employees, as well as more than
1,200 outstanding physicians, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high
patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our
community since 1996.
- 42 Private ER Rooms
- Full range of Cardiology
- Primary Stroke Center
- Proudly recognized for:
- The Joint
Commission Accredited Institution
- The Joint
Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Society of
Chest Pain Centers Accreditation
Stroke Association's "Get with the Guidelines" Gold Performance
Lifeline Silver STEMI Receiving Facility, American Heart Association
Quality Award for Excellence in Patient Care (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,
- Top Performer
on Key Quality Measures™ (The Joint Commission 2010, 2012, 2013)
Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure in 2014, Healthgrades®
- Recipient of
Healthgrades® Maternity Care Excellence Award™ in 2013
Accredited: Ultrasound, PET, MRI, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, CT
designation for commitment to elder care excellence
The Facility Chief Medical Officer leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
- Promotes Physician Alignment between HCA-Affiliated Physicians and HCA Hospital and Corporate Leadership by:
- Leading clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience.
- Working with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Medical Staffs, and Boards of Directors, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization
- Partnering and collaborating with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Representing medical staff viewpoints to management and relaying management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing of reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creating an environment of quality and cost improvement that is data driven and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serving as a direct liaison between HCA affiliated physicians and facility, and corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishing and maintaining an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leading educational sessions and providing ongoing in service to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the chief of staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembling regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management and serves as a liaison between these committees and facility, and corporate leadership as well as to the affiliated physicians.
- Serving as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for, corporate, group, and facility, sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborating on a day to day basis with other facility and corporate Chief Medical Officers.
- Educating physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborating with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
Qualifications Education & Experience:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Required
- Master's degree in business or related field, Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in clinical practice, Preferred
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system, Required
- Additional education and coursework in management and business, Preferred
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Board Certified Physician, Required
- State medical board licensed, Required