SHIFT: No Weekends
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
Registered Nurse (RN)
Unit: Day Surgery / Outpatient Surgery
Work Schedule: FT Mid Shifts
The Medical Center of McKinney is a growing 260-bed hospital that is proud of our history of serving the health care needs of the residents of McKinney and our surrounding communities for more than 90 years. Change and innovation have marked our commitment to our growing community's needs.
We have expanded our facilities, remodeled existing patient care areas, recruited top-notch physicians and added sophisticated medical and surgical services to meet the dynamic changes that are taking place in McKinney. We were the first hospital in McKinney to provide comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences, and women's and children's services.
The hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson, and Fannin Counties to receive the Joint Commission's Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We also received the prestigious Blue Distinction award for our Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement program from Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Medical Center of McKinney is also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
McKinney is the only Texas City to crack the Top 10 on Money Magazine's latest "Best Places to Live in America" list. The magazine named McKinney, TX the second-best place to live in America, in its 100-city list. (20 August 2012.)
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401 K
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more….
The Day Surgery Unit RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care. .
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Position requires at least 1 year of recent experience in a Day Surgery - Outpatient Surgery - Unit within a hospital setting
- Current Texas RN license
- Current BLS certification issued by the American Heart Association
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.