SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
At Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at St. David’s, we believe deeply in making a difference in our patients' lives. As part of the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network, we offer patients convenient, community-based access to complex blood cancer care including bone marrow transplant (BMT), clinical trials and innovative therapies such as CAR T-Cell therapy. The Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network brings together physician-led blood cancer programs across the United States and United Kingdom and is one of the largest providers of BMT. In fact, it conducts more than 1,000 transplants annually through six FACT accredited transplant centers and has performed more than 14,000 transplants since inception of its first program. Does this sound exciting? Our staff would love to talk to you about it.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center
is part of St. David’s HealthCare
, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
in 2014. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute care facility with 316 beds, offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes all of the capabilities and programmatic elements of a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care with Level I and II nurseries; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
This is a BMT/Surgical Oncology unit that will be providing care to Bone Marrow transplant, general Oncology, and Surgical Oncology patients. The surgeries that include but are not limited to the following: Whipple, Colon Resection, Ileostomies, Liver Resection, Small bowel Resection, and HIPEC.
We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment (Fall 2018)
Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) is an acute care unit where you will deliver phenomenal care for adult hematologic-oncology, autologous and allogeneic blood and marrow transplantation patients, and patients receiving CAR T-cell therapy. In this role, you will be asked to provide the following services:
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management, including investigational protocols
- Transfusion of blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma
- Management of patients with radiation implants, central venous access devices and spinal drains
- Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration
- Thoracentesis and paracentesis
- Epidural and intrathecal analgesia
- Management of toxicities r/t chemotherapy/biotherapy/radiation therapy and neutropenia/ thrombocytopenia/ anemia
- Antibiotic/Medication therapies
- Autologous and Allogeneic Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Bone marrow harvest recovery
- Pain Management and telemetry monitoring
- You should have a Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program
- If you have a BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing that is helpful
- You should also have a current Registered Nurse License in this state
- If you are an exceptional Med/Surg RN with a desire to develop your skill set, enhance your critical thinking skills, and be inspired by your patients every day, please apply. We will train you to be your best.
St. David's is part of HCA Healthcare the leader in healthcare delivery in the world. We have ranked on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and are ranked 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellent care. Are you intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity to improve the lives our patients compelling, we encourage you to apply. We will promptly review your application and if you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so you should apply today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.