DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
HCA TriStar Horizon Medical Center
Stroke & Employee Health Coordinator Registered Nurse
Full Time Monday- Friday with some nights and weekends
Member of the TriStar Division of HCA
Recent Hospital Experience Required
Our Mission- Above all else, we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction scores, defined pathways for your personal and professional growth, and the impact of the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide annually. Our dedication has led to awards of recognition including being named a World’s Most Admired Company by Fortune Magazine. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You’ve come to the right place.
A few of the benefits we provide you:
About this Facility:
TriStar Horizon Medical Center is a fully accredited, 157-bed regional medical center. We offer a full array of services including cardiology, diagnostic imaging, emergency, inpatient rehabilitation, oncology, orthopedics, and women’s services. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center and a Primary Stroke Center, TriStar Horizon is a leading provider of emergency heart and stroke care. Our satellite campus, TriStar Natchez, offers imaging and oncology services as well a 24/7, full-service ER that provides the same services as our main campus emergency room.
TriStar Horizon's Medical Surgical Unit has earned the Unit of Distinction Award for two consecutive years in an annual program that recognizes and rewards exemplary Medical-Surgical units at HCA facilities. The “Unit of Distinction” designation is achieved through measurable, outstanding performance in nursing leadership, professional practice and operations and outcomes. During 2016, 472 HCA Med-Surg units participated in the program. Using 21 different criteria, units were scored to determine which would receive the 2016 Unit of Distinction honor, which puts them in the Top 5% of all HCA Medical-Surgical hospital units. In addition to the UOD recipients, 23 additional units achieved scores placing them in the Top 10% of all HCA Med-Surg units, earning each an “Honorable Mention” designation. TriStar Horizon continues to rank at the top of the company for nurse sensitive indicators.
· Selected as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission in heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care
· Accredited - The Joint Commission
· Accredited Chest Pain Center
· College of American Pathologists Accreditation
· Commission on Cancer – Outstanding Achievement Award
· Earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ for Certification in Stroke Rehabilitation
· Primary Stroke Center Certification by The Joint Commission
· Sarah Cannon at TriStar Natchez Medical Park – accredited by the American College of Surgeons
· The Cardiac Rehab program is accredited by American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
· The Diabetes & Nutrition Center is accredited by the American Diabetes Association
· American College of Radiology Accreditation in MRI, CT and Ultrasound
· American College of Radiology awarded TriStar Horizon in Nuclear Medicine for Imaging and Nuclear Cardiology
· Honored with “A” Safety Score by The Leapfrog Group for two consecutive years
About this opportunity:
The Stroke Coordinator coordinates the stroke program with the multidisciplinary team (e.g., PT, OT, SLP, Pharmacy, Social Worker, Case Manager, Emergency Medical Services, Imaging, Laboratory, etc.) for optimal patient outcomes. Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of low and high risk neurological patients. Works collaboratively with quality management to monitor patient outcomes and improvement. Coordinates care for the neurological patient across the continuum, including stroke screening, education, follow-up phone calls, support group and community outreach. Works collaboratively with EMS and post-hospital partners to improve stroke protocols. Promotes customer service initiatives and provides a seamless patient experience. Makes clinical rounds to ensure compliance with evidence-based care, incorporating service and patient perception of care. Collaborates with nursing and physician leadership to provide real-time and structured education. Assists in navigating patients / families through the acute hospitalization and transition of care, keeping them informed and educated appropriately. Collaborates with Quality Standards Coordinator and provides oversight for TJC disease-specific certification for Primary Stroke Center. Provides support for growth of the neuroscience product line through program development. Provides leadership and educational support for the clinical staff on stroke units.
The Stroke Coordinator is self-directed and takes initiative to resolve clinical and service opportunities. Exhibits exceptional customer service and communications skills. Responds to emergencies on appropriate patients, as needed, for assessment and treatment recommendations based on approved protocols and orders. Acts as a clinical resource for staff education. Keeps current with the latest clinical studies / evidence-based practice, and embraces professional growth and development through formal and/or continuing education. Uses expertise to help develop protocols and clinical practice guidelines. Facilitates the Stroke Team committee meetings.
The Employee Health Nurse ensures that new-hire medical history forms are completed, and reviews new-hire screenings, and takes any needed action(s). Tracks employee TB Skin testing, respirator fit testing and Hepatitis B and Influenza vaccinations. Acts as a resource for staff, physicians, volunteers and contract employees regarding Employee Health issues. Maintains employee health records. Maintains confidentiality of all employee health information. Administers vaccines according to APIC recommendations. Assists Infection Preventionist with exposure follow-up for physicians, employees, students, and volunteers. Facilitates receipt of and reviews monthly illness logs and informs Infection Preventionist of any trends and/or issues.
Participates in Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality Improvement, as appropriate. Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, and other customers. Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values at Horizon.
· Must be flexible, work at a fast pace and manage several assignments at one time
· Maintains positive interdisciplinary contract with other departments and health care professionals
· Flexible in meeting the needs of the unit
· Completes responsibilities in a timely manner
· This position requires 24 hour / day responsibilities
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
· Current licensure with the TN Board of Nursing
· BSN required
· Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion
· Advance Care Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required within the first year of hire
· Two years of acute care experience is required
· Previous management experience preferred
You are encouraged to apply today as interviews are being set immediately!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.