SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse (RN)
Behavioral Health Intake
PRN .001 FTE
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading
provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. Historically HCA
has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies. Join our
tradition of excellence!
The Mental Health RN manages the nursing care of patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performs initial and on-going physical and psychosocial assessment according to accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient.
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed.
- Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- FL RN Licensure , or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- Current BLS Certification as a Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.