SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Gulf Coast Division Office - Houston, Texas
Clinical Liaison - Rehab
Serving patients throughout Greater Houston and South Texas, HCA Gulf Coast Division offers comprehensive health solutions—including advanced medical care, education, and community outreach—at its ten hospitals and other free-standing facilities. This network model gives our patients access to a circle of care that is unrivaled in the region. From simple outpatient procedures to complex surgeries performed by specialists, HCA Gulf Coast Division offers comprehensive care close to home.
Serving such a large and diverse region requires HCA Gulf Coast Division to offer a range of programs that meets the needs of young and old, acutely ill and chronically ill. Just some of our services and outreach efforts:
* Twenty-four-hour emergency care, both at designated Hospital Emergency Centers and off-site Emergency Care locations
* Life-saving intervention during cardiovascular and neurological incidents
* Comprehensive women’s care, from obstetric care to minimally invasive gynecological surgery
* Neonatal and pediatric intensive care
* Inpatient and outpatient surgery, rehabilitation, and monitoring support
* Education programs – child birth and child care classes, surgical seminars, physician speaker series
* Management centers for diabetes, heart failure, and other complex conditions
* Community partnerships with the American Heart Association, Joe Niekro Foundation, March of Dimes, and others.
The Gulf Coast Division Office is looking for a Clinical Liaison - Rehab.
- Assist and coordinates the in-take and pre-admission screening process. Accurately documents evidence of rehab admission criteria on Pre-Screen evaluation in a timely and legible manner.
- Pre-screen updates are to be completed within 48 hours of admission. Admission decisions are communicated to referral source within 2 hours from time of referral receipt. For an HCA facility this is after receipt of an orfer from the attending physician requesting evaluation and after the patient has been offered a choice of providers by Case Management staff.
- Perform on-site and off-site clinical evaluation to assist Rehab Medical Director in determining appropriateness of patient for admission.
- Provides information related to inpatient rehab and program features to patient and family members.
- Communicates to patients the expectations and requirements for participation upon admission to the rehab program. Offers each patient and family a tour of the rehab unit; coordinating tour if unable to provide personally.
- Secures information relating to patients resources and healthcare insurance benefits.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of rehab admission criteria, leading to appropriate indentification of qualified rehab patients.
- Advises referral sources on inpatient rehab criteria.
- Functions as primary contact for case management and referring physicians. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the same referral sources.
- Completes face-to-face, in-service educational contacts with physicians, case managers, other interdisciplinary members and other professionals. Serves as an educational resource to patients, family members and caregivers.
- Participates in market analysis, data analysis and development and implementation of business plans for the Rehab Unit. Contributes to the development and maintenance of referral source information such as brochures, flyers, referrals and information kit and other outreach tools.
- Proficient in time management. Prioritizes meeting commitments to referral sources. Develops a call-plan to prioritize utilization of time.
- Assists in developing the annual strategic plan for the Rehab Unit/Hospital, to include visible community outreach programming and raising community awareness of services available.
- Ensures referral sources receive appropriate and timely follow-up communications regarding their patients and hospital programs.
- Develops back up system to handle calls when he/she is unavailable.
- Participates in a system that ensures calls are appropriately handled 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Professional in a clinical health care specialty (i.e. RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist).
- Current state licensure in clinical practice area or eligible for state license transfer.
- Graduate of an accredited school in clinical specialty.
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical care experience is required.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.