SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Swedish Medical Center: Level I Trauma Center in South Denver: Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, Colorado, part of HealthONE, serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for neurotrauma and as the region’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, a recognized leader in the most advanced stroke care. Swedish offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty and is an eight time winner of the National Research Corporation Consumer Choice Award and a Top 100 Hospital recognized by Reuters. An acute care hospital with 368 licensed beds, Swedish is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 100 years. Annually, Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of 2,000 dedicated employees, 500 volunteers and more than 1,300 physicians. At Swedish Medical Center, our staff is at the heart of delivering on our promise of Swedish Memorable Care. As a respected medical provider, Swedish offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medial specialty. Recognized by the patients we treat every day, we are a four-time winner of the National Research Corporation Consumer Choice Award. Centers of Excellence Swedish, a Level I Trauma Center, offers eight distinct centers of excellence: Bariatric Surgery Center, Cancer Care Center, Emergency Services, The Heart Center, Neurosciences, including The Stroke Center, Orthopedic Services, Spine Program, Trauma Center, Women and Children’s Services.
Registered Nurse (RN) Oncology
The Registered Nurse demonstrates advanced knowledge, skills understands the unique aspects of the population served in the care of his/her patients.
• Each service also requires specialized skills. The delivery of care is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient.
• The Registered Nurse may rotate to areas other than his/her assigned service area/s, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency.
• The Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at SMC.
Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
• Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Repayment
• Certification Bonus and Voucher system
• Dependent Scholarship
• 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Financial Wellness Program with a CFP
John Johnson, Recruiter
HealthONE, Continental Division | HCA Healthcare
4900 S Monaco St Denver, CO 80237
HCAhealthcare.com | Connect With Us
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life
Current Colorado Registered Nurse License, Current BLS Certification, Certification in Oncology Nursing preferred
Graduate of a certified School of Nursing. BSN preferred.
Able to articulate and demonstrate appropriate nursing theory and practice. Experience
requirements are specific to positions and departments as appropriate. Previous chemotherapy experience preferred.
Demonstrates good organizational skills. Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Values & Standards of Nursing Practice at SMC. Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
Degree of Supervision Required:
Under supervision of Director/Designee.
Based on experience and continuous assessment of progress of Director. Orientation includes formal nursing department orientation, minimum of 2 weeks. Individualized based on experience up to 4 weeks.