SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Leading Hospitals. Trusted Care.
Unlock the Possibilities
HealthONE® is the largest healthcare system in the metro Denver area with more than 10,000 employees. As part of the HealthONE family, The Medical Center of Aurora, North Suburban Medical Center, Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, Rose Medical Center, Sky Ridge Medical Center, Swedish Medical Center, and Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital work together to provide a higher level of care.
In addition, our family of services includes six hospital free-standing emergency departments and numerous ambulatory surgery centers, occupational medicine clinics, physician practices, imaging centers, and AIRLIFE-DENVER, which provides critical care air and ground transportation across a 10-state region.
Why choose HealthONE?
- Leap Frog Straight ‘A’ Rating across all of HealthONE hospitals
- Largest Hospital System in Denver, 180 hospitals in 2 countries and 21 states
- Ranked World’s Most Ethical Company for the 10th year in a row
"Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life." HCA Mission Statement
Click here to learn more about HCA Continental Division and HealthONE
Earn while you learn!
What you can expect working as a PCT Apprentice:
- The Patient Care Tech Apprentice provides assistance in patient care and department support.
- Activities are performed in accordance with patient care and department standards – duties include patient transport, blood and blood product transport, room turnover, handling of sterile supplies, specimen handling, and/or assisting patients with basic needs.
- Serves as backup to unit secretary by providing secretarial support for the unit.
- The PCT Apprentice performs other duties as appropriately assigned.
- The PCT Apprentice performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at SRMC.
- The PCT Apprentice may come in contact with medications and therefore must demonstrate understanding of proper medication management and storage as well as maintaining a secure medication environment.
- The PCT Apprentice displays a positive support for the values and mission of HealthONE.
- Starting pay is $13.45/hr.
What will you earn from our 1 year Apprenticeship program?
Certified Nurse Aid License
Apprenticeship Completion Certificate from the U.S. Department of Labor
Patient Care Technician Certificate from Community College of Aurora, including Transcripted College Credits
The opportunity to work for the largest hospital system in the Denver Metro
- The program is time intensive and requires a commitment a full-time commitment
- 24-36 hours working the hospital (may require some weekend shifts)
- Up to 4 hours of labs on campus - Fridays
- Up to 20 hours of online education on days, nights and or weekends
- High school diploma/GED requirements.
- Interest in becoming a Patient Care Technician (CNA) and working in the healthcare field with a patient first approach.
- Must be eligible for admission/enrollment in the Certified Nurse Aid (CNA) program with the Community College of Aurora, the partner education institution.
- Must be able to pass a federal background check and full panel drug screen.
- Cannot already hold a CNA license
Please complete the following for fully finished application:
- Fill out application online - include your job history
- Attach your resume
- Attend information session
- Complete the Healthsource Assessment survey (to be sent to you via email after application is complete) ** if you have already completed a Healthsource survey in the past 12 months, you can disregard
- Must be able to pass a federal background check and full panel drug screen
Employment begins October 21st, 2019
Still have questions?
Please contact: Libby Felchle, Libby.Felchle@hcahealthcare.com 303-518-1322