SHIFT: No Weekends
SCHEDULE: Full-timeCorpus Christi Medical Center, Corpus Christi, TX
Director of Clinical Excellence - Magnet Designation Corpus Christi Medical Center
is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center
ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available. Corpus Christi Medical Center
is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
Corpus Christi Medical Center
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women's Health Center
is currently looking for a Director of Clinical Excellence - Magnet Designation.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for oversight of the Magnet Program and coordinates efforts to achieve and maintain Magnet Hospital designation.
- In collaboration with nursing and other inter-professional leaders, and under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer is responsible for activities related to professional nursing practice, research, evidence based practice and outcomes management that improve patient care delivery.
- Responsible for fostering innovation and excellence in nursing. Responsible for assuring the Magnet framework is hardwired into the organization through coordination, education and consultation with clinical team members and Leadership.
- Leads education for staff, leadership and Magnet Ambassadors on key initiatives and Magnet principles.
- Conducts gap analysis for evidence of the Magnet Model components and works closely with leadership to formulate plans to close the gaps in performance.
- Responsible for nurse sensitive indicator submission to the National Database of Nursing
- Quality Indicators (NDNQI); educates team members and facilitates an understanding of clinical practice and its impact on nurse sensitive quality data.
- Responsible for fostering an environment of shared governance and shared decision making; ensures shared governance structure is in place at the unit level.
- Responsible for coordination and facilitation of the hospital’s nursing research and evidence based program and related projects.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or related field required
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required
- Previous experience in Magnet Program Director, Practice Council leader or document preparation strongly preferred
- Previous experience in research process and evidence-based nursing practice
- Previously worked at a Magnet Recognized Hospital preferred