SHIFT: No Weekends
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why after more than a decade we remain dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees and one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
This position is responsible for assisting in the development, evolution and implementation of the overall strategy for all of the Company’s Shared Service Center (SSC) operations in the critical area of Payment Compliance. Duties include defining and monitoring operational standards for the Payer Analysis, Cashiering, and Net Accounts Receivable (A/R) functions, integration and implementation of new technology to enhance processes and providing subject matter expertise in this area.
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Work directly with the Shared Service Centers to plan and execute all operational aspects of the Concuity implementation including work queue design, system rule review/refinement, master file validation, monitoring and support.
- Evaluate and refine system requirements documents created by IT&S and other technical units to ensure that business objectives are achieved.
- Assist Payment Compliance Directors by serving as a secondary subject matter expert for Payment Compliance operations.
- Perform monthly review of Payer Analysis performance indicators by SSC. Follow up with individual SSCs as appropriate to research issues, develop action plans, and share best practices.
- Work with the SSC Payment Compliance units to execute key process improvement initiatives.
- Assist BPG and IT&S project management resources in the creation and monitoring of Payment Compliance related project plans.
- Capture and validate potential system issues for any applications utilized by the payer analysis teams and monitor issues through defect resolution.
- Facilitate SSC-wide design sessions and operations review meetings with SSC Payment Compliance Directors focusing on overall issue resolution, escalation, and process improvement.
- Actively participate in training sessions as a presenter, an SME or a facilitator.
- Enhance management reporting to support both internal management and executive management reporting needs.
- Build relationships with SSC Executive Leadership and Payment Compliance Directors.
- Work with other Parallon subject matter experts to ensure a comprehensive approach to SSC operations.
- Work closely with Internal Audit to refine test plans for Payment Compliance units.
- Work closely with Government Services to help ensure compliance with governmental requirements relating to Payment Compliance operations.
- Work with Parallon Education to develop and enhance training materials.
Education and Experience
Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent combination of education and work
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting,
auditing, and/or healthcare management experience required
- Previous SSC experience preferred
- Experience in public accounting
and/or healthcare provider financial operations preferred
Benefits of working at Parallon
Our benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k with a company match, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flex spending for both health and day care, life insurance, disability, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.