SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The staff nurse serves as the leader of the Nursing Care team who is ultimately responsible and accountable to the patient for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient focused, outcome oriented care. Will develop competencies for functioning safely in all areas of Medical/Surgical services. Nursing plan of care will include all age groups with the exception of infants.
When it comes to patient care, we strive to be the healthcare provider of choice. When it comes to employee care, our goal is to be the employer of choice.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The staff nurse serves as the leader of the Nursing Care team who is ultimately responsible and accountable to the patient for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient focused, outcome oriented care.
- Through assessment of the patient’s physical, nutritional, psychosocial, spiritual, emotional, cultural, educational, and rehabilitative needs, problems are identified and documented in the clinical record and communicated to the physician, case manager, and ancillary departments when appropriate
- Appropriate standards of care, care plans, and interventions are initiated, professionally modified, and communicated to the patient and other members of the healthcare team
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the following age groups: pediatric, children, adolescent, adult, geriatric
- Provides patient/family health education that promotes healthy behaviors, supports recovery, and enables the patient/family to be involved in decisions about their own care
- Graduate of a Nursing Program from an accredited school
- Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana
- CPR for Healthcare Providers to be completed within 30 days of hire
- ACLS to be completed within 30 days of hire