Paramedic - Emergency Dept - Per Diem - Mixed Shifts
Loxahatchee, FL, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Paramedic - ER - Per Diem 11a, 1p, & 3p shifts FTE 0.001
Palms West Hospital
Since 1986, Palms West Hospital has celebrated excellence in healthcare. Our state-of-the-art 204-bed facility, centrally located in Palm Beach County, offers top-quality care in every category from preventative programs to elective, major, and emergency surgeries. Palms West Hospital has a dedicated Pediatric ER and full-service Children's Hospital, offering dozens of pediatric healthcare services in one child-friendly place.
The paramedic is responsible for the direct and indirect care of patients under the direction of the nurse. The position requires knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of patient care. This position requires knowledge of medical terminology and familiarity with medical technology as it relates to emergency nursing.
- Graduate from an accredited Paramedic program required
- Current State of Florida Paramedic license required
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS certification via American Heart Association
- Related Emergency Department experience preferred
- Good communication skills and ability to use proper channels of communication