SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
St. Petersburg General Hospital (SPGH) seeks Same Day Surgery RN to join our Surgical Services team!
Our focus is not only patient satisfaction but STAFF satisfaction. The hospital ranked top work place four years in a row and is Chest Pain and Stroke accredited. We are located in the heart of Pinellas County and five minutes from the pristine Gulf of Mexico. The hospital is licensed for 215 beds and has served the community for over four decades. St. Petersburg is a growing city with exciting nightlife and plenty of outdoor activities to keep the whole family busy. SPGH strives to find the perfect life/work balance! We invite you to join our superior team and continue the very highest standard of care.
Within the Surgery Department at SPGH, we provide the highest quality of care in a warm, personalized setting for the patients we serve. We pride ourselves on both our professionalism and compassion. Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals who have worked for SPGH any length of time, ranging from less than one year to 40+ years.
- Number of Staff: 60
- 7 Main Operating Rooms plus one cystoscopy room
- 3 Endoscopy Rooms (10-15 cases per day; Olympus Equipment-180 series scopes)
- Type of Cases: Robotic GYN, Robotic Urology, Robotic General Surgery, Total Joints, Orthopedics, Spine, General, GU, GYN, ENT, Thoracic, Vascular, Plastics, and Laparoscopic Lap Banding
- Approximate Number of Cases Performed: Varies…15-25 per day, 4000 annually
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurses and Surgical Technologists (Certified and Non-certified), Physician Assistant
- Major Equipment Used: Steris OR tables, sterilizers, Valley Lab cautery units, headlights, Dyonics and Olympus video systems, Stryker and Anspauch powered- instrumentation, Zeiss microscopes, specialized tables (cysto, Andrews), Olympus endoscopes, Harmonic Scalpel, Gyrus Generator, and Ligasure units, etc.
- Da Vinci® SI Surgical System: SPGH's surgical team was the first in Central Florida to perform robot-assisted minimally-invasive general surgery using this system. In addition, gynecology and urology procedures are currently being performed with the DaVinci Robot at St. Pete General. SPGH is one of 25 Robotic Epicenters in the US and only one of 2 Epicenters in the state of Florida. In April, 2012 SPGH was the first hospital in Pinellas County, Florida to perform single site Robotic Cholecystectomy.
- Special Certifications Needed: CNOR preferred for RNs, CST preferred for Surg Techs; BCLS for Operating room and Same Day Surgery and ALCS certifications required for all PACU and Endoscopy RNs
- Special Competencies/Skills Needed: Must have a minimum of ONE year of hospital ORexperience (including experience with total joints, spinal, minimally invasive surgery, and major vascular cases. Experience with robotic surgeries is desired.)
- Schedules: 8-hour shifts, Monday-Friday, with on-call requirements
- Dress code: Scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for patient assessment and care documentation
- Electronic medication administration record (eMAR) is used for the delivery of all medications provided to patients and has significantly reduced errors associated with the administration of medication hospital-wide
- Nursing Diploma or ASN
required, BSN preferred
- Current Florida State
- Current BLS (Basic Life
Support) through American Heart Association
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac
Life Support) preferred
- Critical thinking, service
excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to
read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal
instructions, PC skills