SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
This shift is Monday - Thursday 9 PM - 6 AM rotating weekends with call.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood – Kingwood, Texas
Surgical Technician - Operating Room
The most advanced hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard at HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system, Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained at top hospitals. HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood also provide the communities of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and outreach programs.
Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment:
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is currently accepting applications for Surgical Technician - Operating Room.
- The Operating Room Technician has the responsibility of supporting the mission of the hospital to be the most comprehensive, cost effective provider of quality healthcare services for the Northeast Houston Area.
- The Technician is assigned to the Operating Room to assist physicians with instruments during the surgical procedure.
- This position has the responsibility of supporting the mission of the hospital which is to provide patients with the highest quality of health care within an atmosphere of genuine caring.
- The Technician is responsible for the preparation of room and needed supplies and equipment for assigned cases and is responsible for all instruments and insuring needed counts are completed.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the infant/child, neonate, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- Formal training from an operating technician school or equivalent in hospital training course.
- One or more years recent clinical experience in area of expertise, preferred
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Good clinical skills and judgment
- Current Texas license/certification, if required by area of expertise
- Current CPR course completion