SHIFT: No Weekends
SCHEDULE: Full-timeHCA Houston Healthcare - Houston, Texas
Manager - Emergency Medical Services
HCA Houston Healthcare is the leading provider of healthcare in the Houston area, where excellent trained physicians, nurses and allied health professionals treat almost a million patients and provide more than $2 billion in charity care every year. With an employee base of 15,000, HCA Houston Healthcare’s comprehensive network includes 14 hospitals, nine outpatient surgery centers, nine freestanding emergency centers and numerous freestanding diagnostic imaging facilities in the greater Houston area. For more information, visit www.HCAHoustonHealthcare.com.
HCA Houston Healthcare
is part of HCA Healthcare’s Gulf Coast Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities in the Gulf Coast Division include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center that provides one phone call access and support for patient transfers into and out of the HCA Gulf Coast Division affiliated hospitals as well as access to ground and air transportation within a 150-mile radius. HCA Gulf Coast Division is part of HCA Healthcare, the nation’s leading provider of quality healthcare services with 184 hospitals in the United States and England. HCA Houston Healthcare
is currently accepting applications for a Manager - Emergency Medical Services
The Manager of EMS
leads the EMS Education department and serves to improve HCA’s partnership with partner EMS agencies and to improve the quality of care to the patients they treat. The Manager’s primary function is to design, implement, and oversee all aspects of an EMS and Outreach education program. This program will include high fidelity simulation provided onsite to our EMS and Outreach partners.
- Develop, implement and oversee HCA Gulf Coast Division EMS and Outreach education program, including conducting research on applicable educational topics; Organizing information and developing related presentations; Evaluating effectiveness of education program.
- Hire, train, and oversee other employees within the department
- Provide education to first responders, nurses, physicians, and the public
- Develop simulation scenarios to be used in EMS and Outreach education
- Complete steps necessary to operate an American Heart Association Training Center
- Work with HCA Gulf Coast Division leaders to demonstrate scope and quality of care available within HCA
- Work with HCA Gulf Coast Division leaders to identify current gaps in prehospital care that can be addressed by our team
- Attend meetings as necessary
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external partners
- Develops and maintains cooperative and professional relationships with employees, managers, and representatives from other agencies, hospitals, departments and organizations
- Oversight of team to ensure quality, safety, appropriate use of equipment
- Ability to utilize a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and related software to effectively complete a variety of spreadsheets and reports with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Ability to plan and organize daily work routine. Establishes priorities for the completion of work in accordance with sound time management methodology.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, including the preparation of reports.
- Ability to listen and understand directions, information and ideas presented verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle a variety of customer service issues with tact and diplomacy in a confidential manner.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic (Certified or Licensed)
- Texas EMS Coordinator – Advanced
- 5 years experience as an EMS Provider
- 2 years experience as an EMS Instructor
- Extensive knowledge of EMS industry, current standards of care
- Knowledge of adult learning concepts, instructional strategies, and program management principles
- Knowledge of healthcare quality concepts and practices
- Ability to captivate audiences as an instructor
- Ability to use high fidelity simulation to change EMS practice in a way that improves prehospital care
- Ability to design education courses and materials to meet goals
- Ability to work in a team with other GCD leaders and physicians
- Ability to lead team of staff of direct reports
- Knowledge of and ability to work with multiple software products
- Able to safely drive an ambulance on public roads
- Insurable to operate company owned vehicles