DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Our Mission- Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction scores, defined pathways for your personal and professional growth, and the impact of the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide annually. Our dedication has led to awards of recognition including being named a World’s Most Admired Company by Fortune Magazine. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You’ve come to the right place. HCA at a glance.
A few of the benefits we provide you:
About this opportunity:
It all started here! TriStar Centennial Medical Center is our original flagship hospital with a 741-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women’s services. Centennial Medical Center’s 43-acre campusis home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Centennial Advanced Joint Replacement Institute, TriStar Centennial Women’s Hospital, The Children’s Hospital at TriStar Centennial, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center, and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion.
The Nurse Technician demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, ability to gather data, demonstrates knowledge in range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service; promotes customer service initiatives; follows directions from Primary/Charge Nurse to meet the individual needs of each patient; demonstrates the ability to perform technical skills and procedures as evidenced by unit competency; documents patient care, as appropriate; and reports to Primary/Charge Nurse any changes in patient status.
General Essential Functions
1. Supports the facility’s Standards of Performance and ICARE values
2. Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars/professional development as
requested by manager.
3. Maintains compliance with federal, state and other governing bodies. Includes licensure and certification.
4. Observes and abides by established safety practices.
5. Ensures accuracy and completeness of work.
6. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures involved in
performing job duties.
1. Demonstrated experience with each of the required areas of expertise in section I
2. Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients, guests, physicians, and other employees.
3. CNA or successful completion of a CNA course required. CNA certification or eligibility preferred must pass the CNA exam within 6 months of hire OR Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Nursing course in an accredited school of professional nursing (verified by transcript). **A student enrolled in an RN program who discontinues their nursing school program is required to obtain a Nurse Aide in the State of TN within 30 days of their discontinuation of the program. **
4. Current BLS required.