SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Twin Cities Hospital is a 65 bed
general acute care facility that provides exceptional quality healthcare in a
warm and inviting environment. Our facility has earned “Top Performer on
Key Quality Measures” from the Joint Commission for the 5th consecutive
year and we are pleased to provide our community outstanding services with our
Joint Commission Certified Orthopedic Joint Replacement and Spine Surgery
programs. Our employees are proud to work at our facility and to be part
of an organization that places such importance on quality care. In
addition, our healthy work environment fosters a culture of warmth and teamwork
where everyone works together to achieve our mission and goals. Our
employee engagement scores are consistently high and reflect our leader’s
commitment to providing a healthy and engaging work environment.
Twin Cities Hospital is located in
Niceville, Florida on the gorgeous Emerald Coast. The Emerald Coast is
known world-wide for our sugar white sand beaches and emerald green
water. Our community is a strong supporter of our local military with
both Eglin Air Force Base and Hurlburt Air Force Base located here in Okaloosa
County. Our schools are consistently rated the best in the state with a
strong emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Medicine.
Our local state and community colleges offer educational programs specifically
designed to foster career growth or start and create new careers. And
yes, Niceville really is a nice place to live and work!
Instead of just vacationing on some
of the best beaches in the world, why not consider living on them? Come
join us at Twin Cities Hospital and have the best of all worlds – a great place
to work with a group of individuals who genuinely care about every patient that
walks through our doors and the best community to live, work and play in!
Visit us online at tchospital.com at our Career
Center and learn more about the great benefit plans offered by HCA and Twin
Cities Hospital and if you’d like more information about our beautiful
community check out #emeraldcoasting on Instagram or Florida’s Emerald Coast on
Position Summary: To provide care to patients under the direction of the RN, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of TCH.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies needed for surgical cases.
-Communicates, interacts, and participates in teamwork on the unit.
- Communicates and participates in patient care activities in direct conjunction with the RN.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops, and endorses customer service skills in relationships wit internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual, and dependable attendance.
- May have access to the POS room or designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
- Maintains and safely handles medications to include IV fluids, contrast media and prescription medications.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are worth more than a
paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
401(k) with an employer match
up to 9%
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Student Loan Assistance
Paid Family Leave
Medical Plan Options, Dental
And much more!
Qualifications Position Requirements:
Graduated from ST training program preferred
BLS through American Heart Association Required
Surgical Technologist Certification Preferred
Previous scrubbing experience preferred
Acute care experience preferred
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Reads and writes Basic English wit the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders.
Knowledge of body substance isolation.
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
Knowledge of basic anesthesia principles.
Video equipment set up/ troubleshooting skills.
An EEO/AA Employer
M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus