SHIFT: No Weekends
$5K Sign-On Bonus
Northside Hospital is a multidisciplinary cardiovascular center located in the heart of St Petersburg, Florida. Everything about our program is designed with heart patients and their families in mind. Physicians and nurses are achieving some of the best patient outcomes in America, and our heart program is widely known for introducing new cardiac procedures and mastering the latest invasive and non-invasive techniques.
Northside's Cardiac Cath and EP Lab staffs are committed to ensuring our patients have access to the highest levels of diagnostic and interventional care available. Our cardiac catheterization labs are equipped with the latest digital technology for more precise images, and newly designed X-ray panels decrease patients' exposure to radiation. When necessary, angioplasty and stent procedures can also be performed immediately. Our electrophysiology lab provides the latest, most accurate and reliable equipment available to measure patients' heart rhythms and correct abnormal conditions. We also specialize in the treatment of atrial fibrillation (A-fib). New pre and post recovery unit with a focus on quality patient cardiac care. 12 private patient rooms for a robust cardiology program.
- Number of Rooms: 4 Consisting of: 1 Electrophysiology Suite including a newly installed state of the art lab, procedure rooms and pre and post recovery; 2 Cardiac and Interventional rooms and 1 Endovascular Suite with pre and post holding areas
- Number of Staff: 20 (3 person Cath teams)
- Number of Cases per Day (on average): 15 + Including diagnostic and interventional heart caths, diagnostic and interventional peripheral studies, AAA stent grafts, Electrophysiology studies, Ablations, ASD ,and PFO closures. Insertion of ICD's and pacemakers, TEE's, and cardioversions.
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurses, Cardiovascular Technologists, RCIS, and Radiology Technologists
- Major Equipment Used: GE Labs and Phillips Cath Lab Equipment, Mac Lab Hemodynamic Monitoring System, Heart Labs Imaging System, IVUS and 3D mapping
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required
- Current ACLS preferred
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
*2 years of ICU or ED experience may substitute for Cath Lab experience
*Position requires on-call; must reside within 30 minutes from the facility
*Sign On Bonus applicable to non-HCA employees only