This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
At North Suburban, our mission is to - above all else, care and improve lives.
We are always here. Count on us.
For many years, North Suburban has served the north metro Denver community. At North Suburban, you will find the strongest history of quality of any north Denver hospital, and that dedication to quality continues today. As an award-winning hospital with caring staff members, we are here to partner with you and keep you healthy.
Services for the Community
North Suburban Medical Center has a number of medical services for you. From around the clock ER care to robotic surgery and hospital services, we strive to provide the medical services that our community needs.
For the children in our community, we provide kid-friendly emergency room care, and have a dedicated pediatric hospital unit. As an affiliate of the Rocky Mountain Hospital for children, we can connect children with whatever medical needs they have.
The Pharmacy Technician shall, under the supervision of a Pharmacist, perform record-keeping, drug procurement, drug packaging, drug distribution, patient billing, and projects related to the practice of Pharmacy.
Position Responsibilities. The Pharmacy Technician:
1) Assists in the procurement of drugs (prepares purchase orders, places drug orders with wholesalers, receives drugs and stores/controls received drug products, procures medications in emergency situations, loan/borrow process). Shares responsibility for the control and management of the pharmacy inventory.
2) Assists in the proper packaging and labeling of drug products (unit dose solids and liquids, parenteral solutions, bulk compounding, crash cart tray maintenance, bulk reconstitution, barcoding, and extemporaneous compounding).
3) Assures the accurate and timely delivery of medications.
4) Assists in the processing of medication orders (fills drug orders, types proper labeling, maintains proper medication records/profiles, reconstitutes prefabricated oral medications, compounds IV admixtures, delivers and ensures the proper storage of products on patient care areas). Assists the Pharmacist and coworkers by performing all necessary tasks. Leaves concrete example for supervision. Communicates concerns related to drug distribution. Demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize job tasks. Communicates and coordinates workflow concerns to coworkers. Accurately fills medication orders, fill lists, and automated dispensing systems under the supervision of the Pharmacist.
5) Assists in the processing of patient charges (derives and enters patient charges and credits into the clinical patient care system).
6) Assists in checking for outdated medications, assists in the return of outdated medications.
7) Assists in the maintenance of Department statistics (record workload data, summarize data, and prepare periodic reports).
8) Demonstrates a working knowledge of drug dosage forms, aseptic technique, pharmaceutical terms and abbreviations, calculations, and related computer/automated systems.
9) Maintains good housekeeping in all work areas (cleans work areas, maintains sterile environment, checks for outdates, inspects facility drug storage areas, reports problem areas, completes all related records).
10) Assists in the orientation and training of new employees and technician externs. Assists in competency assessments and related education and training.
11) Obtains continuing education and inservice training as defined in Department P&P.
12) Demonstrates a proactive attitude, seeking to remedy problem situations before they arise.
13) Organizes daily workflow so that time is used in the most efficient manner. Responds to changes in workflow as needed. Conducts honest, objective peer evaluations when requested.
14) Assists in the maintenance of computerized pharmaceutical data (CDM numbers, pricing, etc).
15) Assists with inventory activities. Assures that drug inventories are adequate for existing need. Makes recommendations where warranted to help control the drug budget.
16) Demonstrates good communications skills (reports the status of incomplete orders/projects to ensure continuity; provides upward/downward communication in problem prone situations; exercises judgment in determining when to involve department leadership; provides adequate documentation of out-of-the-ordinary events via the occurrence report mechanism; communicates with appropriate staff with respect to scheduling/time-off/tardiness, etc.; answers the telephone in a timely manner, conveys/receives information in an accurate manner; defers to the Pharmacists when legally necessary; consults with coworkers when appropriate).
17) Demonstrates a willingness to put forth extra effort to start projects and accept job responsibilities related to areas of expertise. Is willing to further develop areas of expertise.
18) Ensures that the conduct of himself/herself is in accordance with Corporate Ethics and Compliance policies and procedures.
19) Performs other duties as assigned.
Interaction with Other Departments. The Pharmacy Technician:
1) Assists in the delivery and proper storage and control of drug products in patient care areas.
2) Assists in the maintenance of automated drug floor stock for patient care areas.
3) May perform drug storage area unit inspections. Works with the Lead Technician and the care area supervisors to rectify storage/control problems.
4) Assists in the record-keeping, control, distribution, and final disposition of controlled substances. Works with patient care area supervisors to rectify related discrepancies. Controls controlled substance inventories in the Pharmacy Department as well on the nursing units. Communicates problems to immediate supervisors.
5) Is available to route telephone calls from all facility departments.
Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
• Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Repayment
• Certification Bonus and Voucher system
• Dependent Scholarship
• 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Financial Wellness Program with a CFP
John Johnson, Recruiter
HealthONE, Continental Division | HCA Healthcare
4900 S Monaco St Denver, CO 80237
M: 720-415-1706 O: 303-584-8489
HCAhealthcare.com | Connect With Us
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life
D. Position Requirements:
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) required.
Education: Satisfactory completion of a formal technician training course or on-the-job-training.
Experience: Previous experience in hospital pharmacy desired.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: As defined in competencies, P&Ps, and Job Description.
Driver’s License/Vehicle: Occasional shifts require driving to deliver to free-standing emergency departments; technician needs access to a personal vehicle on days scheduled for these shifts, a valid driver’s license, and a current auto insurance policy.
E. Degree of Supervision Required:
Minimal. Individual proceeds on his/her own initiative, in compliance with applicable policies, law, regulations, practices and procedures prescribed by his/her immediate supervisors.
F. Orientation Period: Four to six weeks