SHIFT: No Weekends
The Woman’s Hospital of Texas – Houston, TX
Charge Registered Nurse (RN) - Day Surgery
The Woman's Hospital of Texas
opened in 1976 and ever since has remained the state's premier facility dedicated solely to the health of women and newborn infants.
Located near the Texas Medical Center, Woman’s offers 397 licensed beds, including a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and a full range of women’s health services and newborn infants.
More than 650 board-certified physicians at Woman's offer their expertise and an outstanding level of quality care in the areas of gynecology, obstetrical care, high-risk pregnancy and minimally invasive surgery. The Woman’s Hospital of Texas
is currently looking for a Charge Registered Nurse (RN) - Day Surgery.Responsibilities:
- Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager and the Director, the Charge Nurse is responsible for assisting the Nurse Manager in providing nursing leadership to the nursing unit(s) assigned.
- Provides feedback to Director and Nurse Manager regarding patient care, budgetary, and strategic planning opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence, personal and professional growth.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff.
- Demonstrates awareness of the unique position and method of dealing with customers.
- Participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving patient’s health care goals through patient assessment, planning and implementation of nursing interventions and evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
- Other duties as assigned
- BSN is required.
- Current RN license in Texas required
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS are required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical practice in Day Surgery is preferred. Pedi experience is preferred.