SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse – Progressive Care Unit
Full-time – FT Days 7A – 7P
The Progressive Care Unit Registered Nurse (PCU RN) is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care; acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care; demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice; clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility; and supervision of other staff as designated within the department.
• Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
• Performs and documents patient assessments and reassessments following nursing and departmental policies and procedures, using appropriate techniques for data collection and analysis at regular and indicated intervals.
• Utilizing data collection in the assessment, and collaboration with other health care providers, formulates a plan of care and updates as needed to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
• Performs interventions based on critical thinking and technical skills assimilated from assessment, reports and information communicated by other health care providers to achieve optimal outcomes.
• ADN required; BSN preferred and will be required within 3 years of employment;
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required within 30 days of hire;
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required;
• Current ACLS issued by the American Heart Association required;
• Minimum of 2 years of experience is preferred;
• Demonstrated competence in cardiac rhythm interpretation, assessment, and treatment;