Registered Nurse Day Surgery
PRN Days with Call Rotation
Medical City Alliance is a 75-bed, acute care hospital that opened in February 2015. The three-story, 155,000 square foot full-service facility serves the communities of Fort Worth, Keller, Roanoke, Haslet, Saginaw and surrounding communities in northern Tarrant county and southern Denton county. Medical City Alliance offers a full range of services, specializing in women’s, cardiology, robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery, and emergency care and has been recognized by The Joint Commission for the Hospital Accreditation Program for 2015.
The Pre-Op PACU Registered Nurse is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care; acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care; demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice; clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility; and supervision of other staff as designated within the department.
• Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
• Provides safe and effective care of the post-anesthesia patient, collaborating with nurse supervisors/ managers, physicians, technicians, and allied health practitioners.
• Performs and documents patient assessments and reassessments following Nursing and Departmental P/P, using appropriate techniques for data collection and analysis, at regular and indicated intervals and following ASPAN guidelines.
• Provides IV therapy.
• Prioritizes and performs interventions based on critical thinking and technical skills assimilated from assessment, reports and information communicated by other health care providers to achieve optimal patient outcome.
• ADN required; BSN preferred and will be required within 3 years of employment;
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required within 30 days of hire;
• Current BLS, ACLS required;
• PALS required within 90 days of hire;
• Minimum of two (2) years of RN experience is required;
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a critical care area, preferably PACU;