DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Sarah Cannon at HealthONE is determined to make a difference in our patients' lives. As a member of Sarah Cannon, we are a part of a network that has conducted community-based clinical trials for more than 20 years and has administered more than 225 first-in-man clinical trials to date. Sarah Cannon Research Institute has been a clinical trial leader in more than 2/3 of approved cancer therapies over the last 10 years and partners with hundreds of cancer experts engaged in clinical research across the United States and United Kingdom.
Please visit our website at: SarahCannonResearch.com/Denver
Sarah Cannon Research Institute at HealthONE is an outpatient clinic located on the campus of Presbyterian/ St. Luke's Medical Center (P/SL).
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke’s Medical Center of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The Drug Development Unit Treatment RN’s primary responsibility is to treat and manage patients enrolled on clinical trial.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Closely follows study patient(s) throughout treatment course ensuring protocol compliance
• Administers chemotherapy as ordered by physicians
• Read and interpret EKGs
• Must communicate all protocol related issues/problems to the investigator
• Assesses patient for side effects of treatment and symptoms related to disease or disease progression
• Assesses lab data and communicates abnormal findings to the investigator and oncologist
• Assesses and documents patient compliance with medications and return visits
• Communicates with the pharmacy staff to provide timely and accurate study drug distribution
• Documents in the patients Electronic Medical Record (EMR) according to practice guidelines and policies
• Administers, documents administration, and returns study drug to pharmacy staff
• Maintains a current medication list and records in protocol specific requirements
• Must ensure timely collection of specimens
• Attends all study/mandatory staff meetings
• Maintains source documentation
• Provide data team with completed follow-up forms, medical records, lab data and other source documents in a timely manner
• Assists data team with query resolution as appropriate
• Educates and orients ancillary staff in study specific procedures
• Documents and reports adverse events
• Performs other responsibilities as assigned by Phase I management team after sufficient orientation has taken place
• Performs telephone triage
• Assesses the patients EMR to ensure that all required data has been entered prior to patients scheduled appointment
• Performs patient counseling and referral to appropriate support services
• Adheres to practice guidelines
• Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth
• Works overtime if there is a need, and supervisor has approved
• Assists lab personnel as needed
• Monitors schedules daily for appropriate treatment distribution and additional patient visits
Do you want to be a part of a team working together to fight cancer?
We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.