SHIFT: Weekends Only
Registered Nurse – Operating Room
Medical City Alliance is a 75-bed, acute care hospital that opened in February 2015. The three-story, 155,000 square foot full-service facility serves the communities of Fort Worth, Keller, Roanoke, Haslet, Saginaw and surrounding communities in northern Tarrant county and southern Denton county. Medical City Alliance offers a full range of services, specializing in women’s, cardiology, robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery, and emergency care and has been recognized by The Joint Commission for the Hospital Accreditation Program for 2015.
The Operating Room Registered Nurse (OR RN) is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care; acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care; demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice; clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility; and supervision of other staff as designated within the department.
• Performs and documents patient assessments and reassessments following Nursing and Departmental P/P, using appropriate techniques for data collection and analysis, at regular and indicated intervals.
• Performs interventions based on critical thinking and technical skills assimilated from assessment, reports and information communicated by other health care providers to achieve optimal patient outcome.
• Monitors patient closely during anesthesia induction and reversal.
• Provides direct patient care for the pre-, intra, and immediate post-operative phases of the perioperative continuum.
• Follows AORN guidelines for circulator duties in the OR.
Associate’s degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred and will be required within 3 years of employment;
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required within 30 days of hire;
Current BLS, ACLS required;
PALS required within 90 days of hire;
One (1) year of circulator experience is required;