SHIFT: No Weekends
Idaho Regional Medical Center
Falls, ID 83404
Size of Hospital: 318
The largest medical
facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a
full-service hospital with 318 patient beds. It serves as the region’s
healthcare hub, serving southeast Idaho, western Wyoming, Yellowstone National
Park and parts of Montana.
EIRMC is home to a Level
II Trauma Center, a Level 1 ICU (of only two in Idaho), and the only emergency
room in Idaho Falls. A robust local helicopter and ground medical rescue
service supports its comprehensive trauma program. Additionally, EIRMC has the
region’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit for critically ill children.
The Heart Center at EIRMC
provides the region’s most comprehensive cardiovascular program. In fact, EIRMC
achieved the Coronary Intervention Excellence Award™ from Healthgrades in 2016.
The Heart Center offers a full spectrum of cardiology services, including open
heart and minimally invasive heart surgeries; interventional heart procedures;
electrophysiology; cardiac catheterization, and more.
The hospital’s other
specialty services include the region’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit capable of caring for babies born as early as 22 weeks gestation; Primary
Stroke Center verification; neurosurgery; oncology; orthopedics and much more.
The Facility Chief Medical Officer leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
- Promotes Physician Alignment between HCA-Affiliated Physicians and HCA Hospital and Corporate Leadership by:
- Leading clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience.
- Working with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Medical Staffs, and Boards of Directors, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization
- Partnering and collaborating with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Representing medical staff viewpoints to management and relaying management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing of reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creating an environment of quality and cost improvement that is data driven and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serving as a direct liaison between HCA affiliated physicians and facility, and corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishing and maintaining an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leading educational sessions and providing ongoing in service to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the chief of staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembling regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management and serves as a liaison between these committees and facility, and corporate leadership as well as to the affiliated physicians.
- Serving as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for, corporate, group, and facility, sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborating on a day to day basis with other facility and corporate Chief Medical Officers.
- Educating physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborating with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
Qualifications Education & Experience:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Required
- Master's degree in business or related field, Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in clinical practice, Preferred
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system, Required
- Additional education and coursework in management and business, Preferred
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Board Certified Physician, Required
- State medical board licensed, Required
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.