SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Corpus Christi Medical Center, Corpus Christi, TX
Unit Secretary/Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Shift: 7A - 7P, 3 days a week, and rotating weekends
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
24-hour Emergency Services
Behavioral Health Services
Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
Breast Diagnostic Center
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level I, II, III
Maternal and Neonatal Transport
Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
Women's Health Center
Corpus Christi Medical Center is currently looking for a Unit Secretary at our Doctors Regional Medical Center campus.
- Processes orders in computer accurately.
- Compiles chart packets and routes forms accordingly.
- Answers telephones and all inquiries in an attentive and helpful manner.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of STAT orders immediately.
- Greets visitors, families and physicians in a timely manner, giving full attention to their needs.
- Requests repairs for equipment when necessary.
- Maintains medical records and chart supplies
- Completes daily charges accurately.
- Manages lost charge report.
- Places reports in appropriate charts.
- Keeps supplies at par level, ordering when necessary.
- Distributes mail.
- Keeps up to date listing of department contact numbers.
- Texas Certified Nurse Assistant certification,
- BLS certified with the American Heart Association for
the Healthcare Provider, required.
- Basic computer skills.
- Familiar with Medical Terminology
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good Telephone Etiquette.
- Organization, analytical and critical thinking skills.