SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
**Sign On Bonus Available for Qualified Candidates!
Patient Care Coordinator (Charge Nurse), Med/Onc/Peds, Full-Time (.9 FTE), Days
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Patient Care Coordinator organizes patient care functions on a shift to shift basis. The individual works to enhance patient outcomes through management of human resources, staff education and monitoring of processes for continuous improvement. The Patient Care Coordinator is a role model for excellence in quality care, customer satisfaction and quality improvement.
The Patient Care Coordinator demonstrates critical thinking skills, scientific judgment and leadership in the anticipation and planning for the care of the patient. The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible and accountable for the planning, directing and provision of nursing care to patients in accordance with the Florida Nurse Practice Act, physician’s orders, recognized nursing techniques, policies, procedures, established standards and administrative policies.
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing preferred.
- BSN preferred
- Current BLS & ACLS Certifications as a Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association)
- 3- 5 years of RN acute care experience.
- Ability to perform Administrative duties as assigned.
- Previous Charge Nurse experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.