SHIFT: No Weekends
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why, after more than a decade, we remain dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
The AVP Client Relations (CRM) is the internal Shared Service Center (SSC) liaison for a defined set of HCA facilities, serving as the first point of contact for all Parallon-related activities. The CRM will also provide operational oversight of Patient Access staff and will have responsibility for Patient Access initiatives at each of their assigned facilities. This position will also coordinate operations and related activities between the facilities and the SSC, including traditional business office functions, but also HIM, credentialing and any other services the facilities receive from the SSC. The CRM is also responsible for proactively building relationships at the assigned facilities to support the goals of both the facility and the SSC. This includes stakeholders beyond the facility CFO, such as the CEO, COO, CMO, Controller, CDI, Case Management, clinical department directors, etc. The CRM should be the recognized first point of contact for their facilities and is responsible for coordinating all communication, management/review of performance, and the overall relationship health for their assigned facilities. This position will coordinate the resolution of any issues, policy or process changes, and education between the SSC, the facility/division, and Parallon Corporate CRM as appropriate. These job responsibilities should be performed in coordination with Parallon Corporate CRM leadership who manage similar relationships at the corporate / group / division level.
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Assume a lead role for innovation, knowledge sharing and leading practice identification within the SSC and among peer group
- Develop/ adhere to specific objectives and performance standards as defined by Corporate CRM and SSC leadership in each area related area of responsibility
- Identify process improvement or synergy opportunities and oversee/coordinate implementation with Facility CFOs and any other potential stakeholders
- Act as an escalation point for the Facility finance team during month-end close
- Assist Facility CFO’s in understanding back-office metrics, tools, and reports Facilitate a monthly onsite meeting to review the MOR.
- Proactively monitor key metrics for all Parallon service lines for assigned facilities to identify process issues/improvements. Facilitate monthly onsite meetings to review performance reporting in all areas of scope, and with the applicable facility executives in addition to the CFO
- Coordinate and promote implementation and monitoring of standard masterfiles, processes, reporting and education programs
- Oversee hospital-based Patient Access Directors and coordinate initiatives across facilities to ensure standardization and sharing of best practices, including being a champion for the Patient Experience process and related technology activities
- Proactively escalate to the SSC and Parallon corporate leadership significant issues that may require additional coordination or awareness
- As needed and directed by SSC CEO or VP CRM, engage with division leadership to support and champion Parallon activities
- Proactively plan for succession in key positions and lead the planning for coverage when vacancies occur (utilize float pools where applicable) to eliminate negative impact to facilities experiencing vacancies. Participate in candidate identification and consideration when filling open positions. Lead the process for onboarding new Patient Access directors at assigned facilities.
- Perform staff reviews and prepare performance documents for direct reports
- Participate in all CRM conference calls, education, and updates with Corporate CRM
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Technical Expertise – Understanding of healthcare including functional knowledge of healthcare terms and accounts receivable processes, including fluency in the following subject matter areas: Patient Access, Business Office, Financial Statements, HIM, Credentialing, Revenue Integrity, and other Parallon support functions.
- Strategic Analysis - Analytical review skills and ability to make decisions and set strategy based on data analysis
- Leadership - Guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
- Tactical Execution - Oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
- Financial Management - Applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
- Project Management - Assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
- Flexibility – Able to respond and adapt to rapid changes from the customer and the SSC
- Organization - Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication - Communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division/Group Executives and all levels of Client Stakeholders (executive level thru front line registration staff).
- Stakeholder Orientation - Establishes and maintains long-term stakeholder relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - Able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC Skills - Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Policies & Procedures - Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic Skills – Demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes. Demonstrates ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Health Care related field required
- Master’s Degree preferred (MHA or MBA) or CPA preferred
- Minimum ten years’ experience in Revenue Cycle Operations in a hospital setting preferred
- Multi-hospital or Centralized Business Office Setting preferred