SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Located in the outskirts of Washington, D.C, Reston Hospital Center is a 199-bed acute facility located in the vibrant Town Center of Reston, known for its lively mix of restaurants, shops, and services. We are a HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Additional Information about our Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU):
- Types of patients seen include: Orthopedics (total joint and spine), Gastric Bypass, Gynecologic, Pediatrics, and Thoracic Surgery
- Level II Trauma Center
- Nurse to patient ratio 2:1
- 30-40 average patients seen daily
- Growth opportunities: Cross training, Clinical Ladder Program and Shared Governance Council
- Opportunity to work in a surgery department that works closely with other departments and focuses on team work
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals and believe patients are first above all
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- BLS, ACLS and PALS
- One year current PACU experience (Required)
- Call is required