SHIFT: No Weekends
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center is a 133-bed facility that opened June 7, 2010. SRMC provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services including emergency, women’s services, orthopedic, cardiac care and behavioral health services. Our surgical services include robotic-assisted technology, allowing our surgeons to operate with the tiniest incisions and with greater vision, precision and control.
At Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center we put patients first by focusing on the highest quality patient care practices and advanced technologies while keeping patient safety a top priority. You'll be treated as an individual, with compassion and care. Patients first means excellent service, every patient, every time.
- 4 operating suites
- The cohesive team operates in a “Live Excellence Culture”.
- Outstanding Physician/Nurse relationship.
- Experienced and supportive leadership team that afford the opportunity for you to learn and grow.
What will you do?
- Utilizes principles of aseptic technique in creating and maintaining a sterile field.
- Plans and provides equipment and supplies based on patient and physician needs.
- Demonstrates competency in assisting surgeon as it relates to unit scope of care.
- Demonstrates competency in perioperative nursing practice related to preoperative & Postoperative nursing care.
- Promotes cost containment while delivering quality patient care within the operating room.
- Participates in on-call assignments and demonstrates flexibility to cover staffing as needed.
- Demonstrates flexibility to perform other functions within Surgical Services to assist in the smooth operation of the department.
- Provides a safe environment for the surgical patient during their preoperative experience.
- Serves as a resource person for other staff members.
- Serves as a professional member of the OR team.
- Pursues own professional growth through continuing education and in-services.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures; supports the mission of the hospital.
- Demonstrates competency in providing patient/family education.
- Exhibits nursing characteristics of the Synergy Model as outlined in the Nursing Strategic Plan: Clinical Judgment/Advocacy/moral agency, Caring Practices, Collaboration, Systems thinking, Response to diversity, Clinical inquiry/innovator/evaluator, Facilitator of learning of patient/family educator.
Benefits we offer:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discount Program
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing is required.
Required – RN licensure in Virginia. CNOR certification maintained. CPR certification maintained. CRNFA Certification maintained. Documentation of continuing education units required for CNOR &/or RNFA recertification and experience. Maintain clinical status.
Required – Minimum of three years operation room scrubbing experience.
Preferred - Minimum of two years as a surgical assistant.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.