SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Brandon Regional Hospital is
located in the Tampa Bay area along Florida's Gulf Coast. The Hospital is
a 438-bed acute care facility offering a number of specialty services including
the Heart & Vascular Center, where the latest in cardiovascular
surgery and minimally invasive techniques are performed, The Behavioral Health Center, The Women's Center,
which includes our Baby Suites and
22 bed neonatal intensive care unit, The
Reflux Center and
a designated Bariatric Center of Excellence.
We offer more
specialties, more special opportunities and more ways for you to express your
passion for quality and expand your potential for success. Join us at Brandon
Regional, part of the growing HCA West Florida hospital system. Our friendly
community hospital boasts a close-knit caring staff of professionals that looks
out for its family, neighbors and friends.
Under the direct supervision of the surgeon the Surgical Tech-First Assist, prepares and maintains the surgical area, scrubs and assists the physician during procedures. Assists the RN in technical functions related to patient care in the OR, the training of others, and functions as a resource within the department.
Assists before, during and after a surgical procedure. Within scope of practice, provides retraction, manipulation of tissues, hemostasis and other functions to ensure good visualization of the surgical field and optimal results for the patient. Performs ligation and approximation of tissues, clamp and electocautery application.
Assists in the preparation of surgical patients. Assists with positioning patients, applications of plaster casts, immobilizers and surgical dressings.
Closes all wound layers (fascia, subcutaneous and skin), under the direct oversight of the surgeon, places tourniquets and catheters, clamps/cuts tissue and assists in applying wound dressings and drainage. Provides local infiltration or the topical application of a local anesthetic and hemostatic agents at the operative site.
Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting the SCIP and VTE standards of care.
Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Graduate of a CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) and the State of FL Surgical Assistant Program, OR Medical School Graduate; OR allied health professional having completed 2250 hours surgical rotation Required.
- Current CFA having completed 350 cases Required.
- Two years of experience within the last four years Required.
- Current Certification as First Assistant (CFA) Required
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification through the American Heart Assco.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills