SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
TriStar Centennial Medical Center – Nashville, TN
Registered Nurse (RN) – 11 Tower – Medical/Surgical
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
11 Tower is an acute care unit that provides medical and surgical care of the adult, adolescent and geriatric patient. Patients are received through various entry points including patient registration, the Emergency Department, PACU, physician's offices and from the critical care units.
Types of patients requiring care (diagnostic and therapeutic modalities):
- Vascular Surgery
- GI Surgery
- Renal Transplantation
- Urological Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Head/Neck Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- General Surgery
- General Medical
- Chronic Illness
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Demonstrates the facility's Standards of Performance, ICARE values and Patient Promise
- Assesses, monitors, records, reports and follows through on symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Creates and maintains accurate, detailed reports and records
- Consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and modify the plan of care, as indicated by the patient's responses and conditions
- Delegates nursing tasks as appropriate and safe, but retains accountability for patient care
- Provides individualized education for patient, family and/or caregiver throughout continuum of care
- Adheres to standards of safety and infection control, in the delivery of patient care
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of and complies with all policies and procedures related to performance of job duties
- Required attendance and completion of all required training/skills and all Healthstream assignments completed by due date
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients, guests, physicians, and other employees.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Current BLS certification
- One year acute care hospital experience.