SHIFT: No Weekends
There is no better place to grow—professionally and personally—than Swedish Medical Center. One of south metro Denver's most respected healthcare institutions, we offer talented Operating Room RNs like you the clinical variety and leading-edge technologies that will keep you challenged and learning.
If you are interested in becoming a part of our surgical services nursing team, this could be your next career opportunity. We’re hiring top RN talent today. Apply online now.
WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN THE SWEDISH TEAM?
• Level I Trauma Center
• Three Emergency Rooms
• Multidisciplinary collaborative approach to learning in the OR
• 23 state-of-the-art operating rooms
• Center of Excellence for Neurosciences & Regional Neurotrauma Referral Center
• Support provided for OR Nurses to attend annual AORN Conference & Expo
• Close relationship with nearby Craig Rehabilitation Hospital
(national top 10 rehab hospital)
• Radio Frequency Identification for patient tracking (RFID) OUR SURGICAL SERVICE LINES:
• OR Tracker
• UDI tissue tracker interface/integration with Meditech
• Trauma Surgery
• Neurosurgery including awake Deep Brain Stimulation
• General/Colon & Rectal Surgery
• Foregut/Esophageal Surgery
• Robotics (daVinci Xi robots,Mazor, Mako)
• Regional leader in Cochlear implants
• Advanced ENT
• Facial Trauma/Maxillofacial
• GYN/Oncology 5 star health grades
• Organ procurement/tissue donation
• Fully integrated, Swedish Orthopedic
Center with 6 ORs
• MAKO robot for total knees
• Burn & Reconstructive Center
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA’s HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area’s only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology. Additional information about the hospital is available at www.SwedishHospital.com.
The Registered Nurse (RN) – Operating Room oversees and directs the care of the surgical patient. The Operating Room Registered Nurse is responsible for the care of patients in all-surgical specialties. The Registered Nurse serves as the primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care. Oversees and directs the care of assistive personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients. When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Here is what we can offer you:
• Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Repayment
• Certification Bonus and Voucher system
• Dependent Scholarship
• 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Financial Wellness Program with a CFP
$10K Sign-on bonus for experienced Operating Room RNs
(Internal candidates not eligible for sign-on bonus)
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (required) (BSN preferred)
- Current Colorado RN License (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- 1-3 years Operating Room RN experience (required)