SHIFT: No Weekends
Dominion Hospital is the only freestanding mental health care facility in Northern Virginia. They offer individuals and families hope and help. Dominion's highly qualified physicians and staff combine their expertise to diagnose and treat you or your loved one, when you need it.
For more than 30 years, Dominion Hospital has set the gold standard for the treatment of children, adolescents and adults who suffer from debilitating disorders such as anxiety, depression, bipolar disorders, eating disorders, schizophrenia, and such symptoms as school refusal, self-injurious behavior and substance abuse.
The Chief Nursing Officer
(CNO) has overall authority for providing leadership, direction, and administration of direct patient care activities, nursing practice, and nursing education and development across the organization. The CNO is responsible for driving, supporting and modeling a culture focused on employee engagement, quality, patient safety, fiscal responsibility, and the overall patient experience. Major Responsibilities: Operations and Outcomes
• Strategizes and drives process improvements focused on innovative care delivery and/or operational models designed to improve clinical services, outcomes, patient throughput, and patient safety.
• Promotes the use and implementation of technology in the workplace in order to streamline operations, facilitate communications, and optimize work processes.
• Collaborates with other disciplines for the implementation of programs, policies, and procedures that address how patient care needs of the patient population served are assessed, met, and evaluated.
• Ensures patient and family centered care is comprehensive and coordinated and monitored for effectiveness through the quality improvement model that leads to systematic improvements over time resulting in outcomes measures that outperform benchmark statistic of national database used in patient and nursing sensitive indicators.
• Allocates financial, information, and human capital for improvement activities, ensuring efficient delivery of cost effective and efficient services to patients, physicians, and hospital departments.
• Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration with clear expectations and direction to all practicing nurses about the importance of partnerships with patient and families, and with all disciplines to ensure a comprehensive care plan.
• Enhances quality outcomes by partnering with leadership (CMO and/or Chief Of Staff and/or President of Medical Staff) for shared clinical decision making, but has overall responsibility for all of patient care. Leadership
• Serves as a member of the executive leadership team, building and supporting effective collegial relationships with applicable internal and external constituents and stakeholders and ensuring optimal operating effectiveness and strategic positioning.
• Assumes an active role with the hospital’s governing body, senior leadership, medical staff, management, and other clinical leaders in the hospital’s decision-making structure and process.
• Communicates expectations, develops leaders and evolves the organization to meet current and anticipated needs and strategic priorities.
• Promotes relationships among all types of community organizations to improve patient outcomes and the health of the communities served.
• Establishes structures, systematic and equitable processes and expectations that support lifelong professional learning, role development and career enhancement.
• Collaborates with directors in hiring, orientation, evaluation, discipline, and education of all clinical staff.
• Regularly rounds on key constituents (patients, families, employees, and physicians) to enhance communication, ensure alignment, oversee operations, and that the experience is exceptional. Practice
• Establishes mechanisms to assure nurses throughout the organization are involved in shared–governance and decision-making structures and processes that establish standards of practice and address issues of concern.
• Assures the flow of information and decision-making is bi-directional and horizontal between and among professional nurses at the bedside, the leadership team, and the CNO.
• Establishes and enhances a culture of evidence-based decision –making in clinical and management initiatives.
• Approves nursing policies, nursing standards of patient care, treatment and services.
• Establishes a Professional Practice Model that illustrates alignment and integration of nursing practice with the mission, vision, philosophy, and values that nursing has adopted.
• Ensures the care delivery system is integrated within the Professional Practice Model and promotes continuous, consistent, efficient, and accountable patient care. Supports HCA by:
• Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
• Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Education & Experience:
•Bachelor's degree nursing (Required for new hire CNOs as of 7/20/11)
•Master's degree nursing or related field
•5+ years of experience in clinical nurse management
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
•Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation.
•Specialty certification in Executive Nursing Practice or Healthcare Administration.
•Member of American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
•Member of American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
• Skill at communicating with impact to effectively engage others and achieve desired results Required
• Skill in recognizing the broad or long-term implications of business decisions and plans. Required
• Skilled in effectively handling multiple conflicting assignments, demands, and priorities with great attention to detail Required
• Skill in creating written material that has a logical flow of thoughts and ideas. Required
• Skill in generating novel or unusual ideas and solutions in response to business issues and problems. Required
• Willingness to develop solutions or consider proposals that challenge status quo assumptions or pro forma operations and remove barriers and enable success of prioritized solutions Required
• Willingness to be proactive and work at connecting with and building cooperative relationships with others. Required
• Willingness to focus on employee development through exposure, experiences, and feedback. Required
• Skill in identifying assignments designed to stretch and develop others' capabilities. Required
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.