SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Eastside Medical Center
Paramedic - Emergency Department
Shift Details: PRN
Eastside Medical Center
is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside
has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women’s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
Eastside is seeking a Paramedic to join our great Emergency Team! Apply Online Today!
- Maintains clear communication with ER physician and licensed nurse assigned to patient about all patient care issues.
- Receives patients from EMS personnel.
- Must have licensed nurse assigned to patient review and co-sign all written or computer patient chart entries.
- Assists the licensed nurse in triage, to include pre-screening of patients upon arrival to triage area, documentation of information, and the provision of first aid as needed.
- Monitors patients for arrhythmias, document EKG strips, and reports findings to licensed nurse assigned to patient.
- Assists physicians with central line insertions, lumbar punctures, defibrillation, cardio version, pacing, chest tube insertion, thoracentesis, arterial lines, and suturing.
- Demonstrates use of Life Pak for monitoring/defibrillation/pacing/cardioversion.
- Answers EMS radios and phones and notifies ED Charge RN of incoming patients.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Georgia EMT-P (Paramedic) or EMT-I (Intermediate)
- BLS - American Heart Association – required
- ACLS – American Heart Association – required (New grads within 60 days of hire)
- PALS required within 90 days of hire or transfer
- Crisis Prevention required within 60 days of hire or transfer
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.