SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another
employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion
thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a
part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition
programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse
(RN) to join our family. Come be a
part of the change!
We offer you an
excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your
ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee
discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Mainland Medical Center - Texas City, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Surgical Unit
Founded in 1952, Mainland Medical Center has been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services.
Mainland Medical Center is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology. Our services include:
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Emergency Services
- Level II Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit
- Occupational Health and Wellness
- Senior Mental Health
- Women's Services
Mainland Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical/Surgical.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients and attends weekly staffing as assigned.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Medical/Surgical Nursing and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains competency in performing all skills outlined in the Rehabilitation Nursing Competency Skills list.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care. Will participate in peer review and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Obtaining blood from venous access line (Groshong catheters, subclavian lines, Port-a-Caths, etc.).
- Assumes the responsibility of charging unit, as appropriate.
- Responsible for administration of medication administration, knowledgeable of actions, indications, adverse drug reactions, and route of drug administered.
- Assists physician with procedures, as necessary (i.e., bone marrow biopsy, thoracentesis, chest tube insertion, subclavian line insertion).
- Maintains clear and respectful communication with patient, family, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- Responsible to know and conform to the Texas Nursing Practice Act and the board's rules and regulations as well as all federal, state, or local laws, rules or regulations affecting the RN's current area of nursing practice.
- Responsible to report unsafe nursing practice by an RN which a nurse has reasonable cause to suspect has exposed or is likely to expose a client unnecessarily to risk of harm as a result of failing to provide client care that conforms to the minimum standards of acceptable and prevailing professional practice. The RN should report unsafe practice conditions or other practitioners to the appropriate authority or licensing board.
- Adheres to and complies with HCA Code of Conduct as part of our Ethics and Compliance program. Attends annual training sessions.
- One year of acute care experience required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current BLS certification required.
HC HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.