SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Mainland Medical Center, Texas City, TX
Charge Nurse (RN) Medical/Surgical- Nights
Founded in 1952, Mainland Medical Center has been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services.
Mainland Medical Center is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology. Our services include:
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Emergency Services
- Level II Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit
- Occupational Health and Wellness
- Senior Mental Health
- Women's Services
Mainland Medical Center is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) Medical/Surgical.
- Responsible and accountable for directing and facilitating the flow of patient care activities of a unit on an assigned shift.
- Supports and assists with the development and actualization of the unit(s)' goals (strategic plan).
- Coordinates and directs the unit(s)' patient care operations for an assigned shift.
- Manages personnel effectively, and analyzes workload and skill requirements to meet patients' needs for an assigned shift.
- Practices and promotes cost containment for unit(s) and patients.
- Practices and promotes patient/family advocacy and assists with the maintenance of ethical practice.
- Practices and promotes positive peer and guest relations.
- Participates in and promotes quality improvement at the unit level.
- Demonstrates a high level of productivity and dependability.
- Assists with staff education and unit projects as appropriate.
- Ensures that the department personnel follows Hospital and Corporate policies and procedures, safety and infection control practices.
- Assures that the department follows guidelines for varies accrediting agencies such as state and federal regulatory agencies and TJC requirements by attending all required in-services pertaining to such guidelines.
- Adheres to and complies with the HCA Code of Conduct as part of our Ethics and Compliance program. Attends annual training sessions.
- At least one year experience as a Staff RN on a Med/Surg unit required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Licensed as an RN in the State of Texas.
- Current BLS and ACLS required.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.