SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Northside Hospital seeks a dynamic Critical Care RN to join our 16 bed Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU)!
Named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay for five consecutive years, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility serving the community since 1976. Located in the heart of South Pinellas County, Northside is only minutes from the pristine Gulf coast beaches as well as the thriving city life of downtown St. Petersburg, FL. As the first Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Petersburg, our technologically advanced facility allows our superior physicians and nursing staff to care for our growing community. With campus-based specialized units, such as the Tampa Bay Heart Institute, and the Neuroscience Institute for Interventional Neuroradiology and neurologic care, Northside Hospital continues to enhance and expand its services to better serve the St. Petersburg community. Northside also received a 3 Star (highest available) Quality Rating from the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons.
At Northside Hospital, we provide the highest quality of care in a warm, personalized setting for the patients we serve. We pride ourselves on both our professionalism and compassion. Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals who have worked for Northside any length of time, ranging from 2 years to 38 years. We foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
- Number of beds: 16
- Scope of Service: All Open Heart Patients from admit to discharge and post-cardiac surgical patients are cared for in CVICU. The major diagnostic group consists of patients with cardiac disease requiring surgical intervention. These patients are in need of continuous EKG and hemodynamic monitoring, ventilator support, and require a highly skilled level of care. Patients are admitted directly from the operating room or are transferred from ICU or CCU preoperatively while awaiting surgery.
- Patient Population: The populations served are adults and geriatrics.
- Services Provided: Pre and Post op management of patients that undergo cardiac surgery.
- Typical Procedures: Coronary artery bypass graft, valve repairs and replacements, Aneurysm repairs, thoracic surgery, cardiac catheterizations, stents and other critical care patient populations.
- Major Equipment Used: Hemodynamic monitoring equipment, chest tubes, IV pumps, IABP, Impella, Hypothermia therapy, Next Stage CRRT
- Nursing Diploma or ASN; BSN
- Current Florida RN license
required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active
FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- Current BLS Certification from
the American Heart Association required.
- Current American Heart
Association ACLS certification preferred (required within 6 months of
- Current PALS/ENPC and NIHSS
- National Critical Care Nursing
Certification (CCRN) preferred.
- One year previous experience in
an acute care setting preferred.
- Prior Critical Care and CVICU
nursing care experience desired.
- Prior formal critical care
course (ECCO) preferred.
- Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with
frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Critical thinking, service
excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to
read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal
instructions, PC skills.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.