SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital – Bowling Green, KY
Student Nurse Extender (SNE) - PRN
TriStar Greenview is a 211-bed, medical-surgical facility that has served south central Kentucky for more than 40 years. TriStar Greenview provides an extensive range of diagnostic, therapeutic, emergency and surgical services. Accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, TriStar Greenview has a medical staff of more than 300 physicians. TriStar Greenview has proven to be a health care leader in the region
TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is currently looking for a Student Nurse Extender (SNE) for the Ortho Med/Surg Unit.
The Student Nurse Extender performs direct patient care under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse, and is able to function as a unit secretary. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long range plan, mission, vision, and values of the hospital. Identifies cultural differences and incorporates into patient care. Utilizes translation services when indicated. Promotes a supportive environment that encourages collegiality. Cares for patients of all ages including Neonate/Infant (0-12 months) Adults (18 – 79 years) and Elderly (80+ years).
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Provides skin/wound care according to established policy/procedures and regulations.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Interprets changes in patient status, reports and intervenes appropriately.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Nursing Program, and is without findings concerning abuse, neglect, mistreatment of a resident / patient, or misappropriation of a resident’s / patient’s property. Results of a criminal history check that do not bar the individual from providing care for the aged and persons with disabilities.
- Must have completed the first semester of upper division nursing curriculum
- Nursing Home or hospital experience within last (1) year preferred.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.