SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to join our ICU Team! This role will work PRN/ Per Diem.
The Emerald Coast features world famous vacation destinations of Destin, Fort Walton Beach and Okaloosa Island and is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is one of the nation's top performers on quality measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. The hospital has the tri-county's only comprehensive cardiovascular program. It is also the only acute care hospital in the area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission, a Chest Pain Center and a Cancer Care Center that is affiliated with UAB and accredited by the Commission on Cancer.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a Trauma level 2 facility. The ICU holds critical trauma patients , surgical patients, medical patients . This is a fast paced unit. Typicaly patients are sepsis, CRRT, TTM, ventriculostomy , metabolic disorders, post cath patients. Intensivist on site daily.
Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
- ACLS within 90 days of hire required
- CCRN preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Acute care experience required
- Critical care experience required (stepdown may be considered)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
- Basic Arrhythmia course or passed BAC challenge test.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.